+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    No Slocombe?
    I'd get rid of Slocombe, too much throwing out from back puts us under pressure from the off and he cost us at least one goal in both last two playoff matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    The players I would keep are -
    Miller ( try to sign him ,)
    Ellis ( try to sign him )
    Lacey
    Chicksen
    Rodriguez
    Wooton.

Honestly the rest can go for me, as are part of the losing mentality that got us here.

I doubt very much my recommendations will be taken up and again we will end up with a bloated team. At the very, very least , our whole midfield needs replacing.
    If we stick with 3-5-2 (a big If), a team might be

................Slocombe
    ......Brindley....Ellis...Lacey
    New Player...Reeves.......Miller
    .......Rodrigues....New Player
    .......New Player....Wootton

But those 3 new players would need to be top notch NL Champions or Top 3 level

Many of our current players could still stick around in the squad. Just as many should be moving on

I'd get rid of Slocombe, too much throwing out from back puts us under pressure from the off and he cost us at least one goal in both last two playoff matches.
    Hang on a minute. So you would get rid of the keeper for following his managers instructions? Better make sure you get rid of IB too.

Think we should give IB next season, and see what he comes up with, before we think about getting rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Think we should give IB next season, and see what he comes up with, before we think about getting rid of him
    I agree BUT WL wants Slocombe gone because he does as he is told. He must assume that the new keeper will do what he wants and not bother with IB’s instructions. Unbelievable

Slocombe has played out from the back, no matter who is in charge. Yes he has been the keeper in two failed playoffs and relegation from league so for me he goes along with - dke, mcrory, brindley, reeves, Doyle, O'Brien, Boldewijn, Sam as a minimum , I'd add to the list if we got right players in.

If the majority of this team are still here next season you can expect the same result!! Another failed campaign with failed players.

I’m really not sure letting a keeper that is clearly one of the best at this level should be released. There are plenty of other playing positions that will have more of an impact on whether we are successful next season. IMO the goalkeeper is so low on our priorities, unless of course he leaves in which case it’s a big void.

Don't think we need a massive clear out. More a case of getting rid of deadwood and upgrading in some key areas. More speed in general would be good (not the drug).

If the majority of this team are still here next season you can expect the same result!! Another failed campaign with failed players.
    Agree with your calls WL.

The only players I'd keep for sure are;

Wootton
    Roberts
    Rodrigues
    Miller

These players i wouldn't mind keeping, but not bothered if they go:

Ellis
    Lacey
    Rawlinson
    Reeves

The rest can go.