+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I agree. I think we may keep him as a squad player.
    Doubt he would just as a squad player - needs to be playing regularly as near the end of his career

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Doubt he would just as a squad player - needs to be playing regularly as near the end of his career
    We will find someone else then!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    IIRC IB said in an interview that he wants to keep the majority of the squad and bring in 5/6 players, for me he needs 2 defence, 2 central mid, and 2 forwards.

I see Knight as Palmer as development players next season.
    This is about right for me. Glad there's a bit of sense being talked already after calls for clearing out and starting again (which worked so well for Ardley twice, Nolan, Kiwomya, Short, Moniz and a few I've forgotten already).

There's real cause for optimism even if we don't keep Ellis and/or Miller but even more if we do. Under IB the run of form would have had us pretty much top if we'd had a full squad. Chesterfield etc had a good run but we managed ours without 2 of the best players in the division and with McCrory out all season.

We got that with one new player (who we haven't needed), IB and Doyle pretty much conjured 4 new signings in Chicksen, Brindley, Miller and Ruben from the results of 2 or 3 of someone else's transfer binges. With a pre season they will hopefully look even better.

Anyone wanting yet another cull is deluded. If we bring in the usual dozen or so incarnations of Spicer, Burgess and Harley or Haynes, Coombes and A.N. Other deadbeat then we need almost all of them to work out. No one ever gets that right, Munto aside.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I agree. I think we may keep him as a squad player.
    Hes not staying here as a squad player. Get real

I think we need to get realistic about winning the league, although I really hope we do.
    As mentioned earlier there will be Wrecks 'em Grimbo Sarfend Chesterfurlogh Stockport and one from the playoff finalists all thinking the same and they too will be attractive clubs for players

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I think we need to get realistic about winning the league, although I really hope we do.
    As mentioned earlier there will be Wrecks 'em Grimbo Sarfend Chesterfurlogh Stockport and one from the playoff finalists all thinking the same and they too will be attractive clubs for players
    One of my hopes is that we're always in and around the play-off places, all season long from the first weeks onwards.
    The last two seasons of struggling to even get in the mix and relying on a 2nd half of season burst of form to make it will have lost its appeal come August/September

Personally I think we need a new keeper if IB wants to retain the 3 at the back with his 2 attacking wing backs.we need a keeper who will dominate his box and that means balls pumped in directly from free kick near the half way line or those from far out on the wings,as well as the normal corners and free kicks from around the box.
    I'm not saying mrs salcombe is a poor keeper but obviously hes not the keeper we need to dominate his own box as goals against since IB has been here as proved.
    A keeper that dominates his box makes a player trying to hoof the ball in the box think twice and effects his delivery at sorce.
    Slocombe is a good keeper but in my view we need a different type to support IB's favoured style of play and will be an easier task to find than two large centre backs that can tackle, head, run with the ball and spread passes about.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 13-06-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally I think we need a new keeper if IB wants to retain the 3 at the back with his 2 attacking wing backs.we need a keeper who will dominate his box and that means balls pumped in directly from free kick near the half way line or those from far out on the wings,as well as the normal corners and free kicks from around the box.
    I'm not saying mrs salcombe is a poor keeper but obviously hes not the keeper we need to dominate his own box as goals against since IB has been here as proved.
    A keeper that dominates his box makes a player trying to hoof the ball in the box think twice and effects his delivery at sorce.
    Slocombe is a good keeper but in my view we need a different type to support IB's favoured style of play and will be an easier task to find than two large centre backs that can tackle, head, run with the ball and spread passes about.
    Just a thought.

This is the fifth tier of English football you know

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    There is absolutely no reason why we can’t win the league next season. In fact as it stands we should we really disappointed if we’re not up there challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    This is the fifth tier of English football you know
    Are you saying we cant find a keeper that can come for crosses and punch clear because we are in the national league?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast