+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, it looked poor for sure and proved to be the case.
    Sam couldn't have been worse than Knowles - weak in possession and wasn't he the one on Hall for the goal? He's going to have a nice future as a pro footballer, but he looked like a ****ager out there on Saturday
    Did little both times he came on in the playoffs. Yes he was on Hall, you just can't let someone have a free header from a corner that close to goal.

He's definitely undercooked in many parts to his game, but has real potential but I'm actually happy Stags want him for next season and I didn't think I would have said that earlier this season when he was in a rich vein of form.

Yeah, it looked poor for sure and proved to be the case.
    Sam couldn't have been worse than Knowles - weak in possession and wasn't he the one on Hall for the goal? He's going to have a nice future as a pro footballer, but he looked like a ****ager out there on Saturday
    I don't rate Sam but you're right here. Hopefully Sam will be gone next season, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I don't rate Sam but you're right here. Hopefully Sam will be gone next season, too.
    Not what I was saying, Woody.
    I wood've preferred Sam on the bench rather than Knowles. Sam has never been given a run of games like Knowles and Knight were.
    I think he's under contract for the whole of next season at least, so unless he wants to rip that up he stays, and we might see a much better version of him next season IMO

Not what I was saying, Woody.
    I wood've preferred Sam on the bench rather than Knowles. Sam has never been given a run of games like Knowles and Knight were.
    I think he's under contract for the whole of next season at least, so unless he wants to rip that up he stays, and we might see a much better version of him next season IMO
    No, I agree with you, Sam would have been better option than Knowles. But I don't rate him and would like to see a better option next year. If he is under contract, I imagine being on bench will be best Sam can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    No, I agree with you, Sam would have been better option than Knowles. But I don't rate him and would like to see a better option next year. If he is under contract, I imagine being on bench will be best Sam can hope for.
    Only hope is that he knows what English football is all about now and really wants to prove he can make it from the first day of pre-season onwards. Looks to me that he should let all the anger out on the pitch rather than hold it in.

I think Knowles will be back out on loan again. Cloughie wants a look at him, but we've just signed a 20 goal striker, Danny Johnson and we have Bowery, Reid and Sinclair ahead of Jimmy at the moment. Clough has also said we're in the market for another striker.

Can see him going to non-league again so might be seeing him again next season either for Notts or someone else in your division.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    I think Knowles will be back out on loan again. Cloughie wants a look at him, but we've just signed a 20 goal striker, Danny Johnson and we have Bowery, Reid and Sinclair ahead of Jimmy at the moment. Clough has also said we're in the market for another striker.

Can see him going to non-league again so might be seeing him again next season either for Notts or someone else in your division.
    Be very surprised if he comes back to Notts although perhaps Ardley might take him at Solihull given the connection now with Abbot who tipped him for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    This is more reasonable. Even getting 7-8 new players in will result in extremely poor team cohesion initially. Even if it's done quickly the pre-season won't be enough to completely gel them together and we'll most likely have a mediocre beginning to next season.

I feel rather strongly that we're very close to a team that can win automatic promotion next season, and only a few changes are necessary. However, some players, although still excellent, are at or close to retirement age and likely to be in physical decline.
    Yep that should work. Lets keep the entire back 4 or 5 that have just conceded 6 goals in 2 play off games. Thats should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Be very surprised if he comes back to Notts although perhaps Ardley might take him at Solihull given the connection now with Abbot who tipped him for Notts.
    Yes he will look great adorning their bench...if I was Knowles I would stay well clear of Ardley and Russ Abbott...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Yes he will look great adorning their bench...if I was Knowles I would stay well clear of Ardley and Russ Abbott...
    I’m sure Knowles has a much better understanding of Ardley than you. Why would Knowlesy dismiss the opportunity to play for a manager that has given him game time this season? None of us know what Knowlesy or any player at Notts relationship with Ardley was like. You don’t like him as a manager. I imagine a reasonable chunk of the current Notts squad liked him.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast