+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

[QUOTE=Davy500;39803209]
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

I blame the referee for most of their goals at Plainmoor
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Your idea of who's to blame seems to depend more on the name on the back of a player's shirt than having a consistent opinion about a player's responsibilities.
    Thanks for your reply.

I must say that's quite a strong definitive conclusion to arrive at from a sample size of just two incidents lol.

Glad to hear you don't struggle with the concept but in all those words you didn't answer the question at the end of my post.

"Who do you blame more for that goal at Plainmoor Doyle or Knowles?"

And whilst we are only talking about 2 incidents you might as well do the same for the other incident. If you don't mind?

As you know mine were Sam for trying the fancy flick / turn when facing his own goal with the opposition right behind him. And Knowles for making s half hearted effort at best in the penalty area when marking (or not marking) Hall for the goal. But there are no right or wrong, just opinions. It's very subjective

What about you?
    It's not conclusion drawn from 2 incidents - I along with every other poster on the board read your thoughts at length every single day - it's just that these two incidents are a cut and dried example of what I'm trying to say.

Just so we have it clear in our minds what we're talking about, you can see the Sam incident at 4:55 in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

That's a hell of a lot of words dp, but what's your answer?

I'll try for a 3rd and final time who do you blame most for the goals conceded in the two examples you mentioned? It's not a trick question or even a difficult one

As I mentioned before, on the match thread you were scathing and unequivocal in your criticism of Sam for losing the ball.

"Forget NA" as in all managers and coaches would go nuts at Sam's decision and losing the ball so carelessly.
    Some times it's the fault of the players for not doing the basics. The main issue is Sam's poor decision, and poor control. If that doesn't happen , the lack of tracking back is irrelevant.
    Plenty at fault for the goal as there often is when analysed but for me Sam starts the issue and is the main issue.
    So it seems fairly clear that in these ball loss situations and resulting opposition attacks, you blame the player who makes the original mistake, as without that the subsequent action wouldn't have taken place.

In that Boreham Wood game, your throwing Eli Sam under the bus seemed very harsh to me as we were losing the game at the time, he was trying to make something happen, and he was being pressured by two defenders.

Add to that the fact that he wasn't in a particularly dangerous position for us, we had plenty of players back, including our experienced, determined, hard running captain, who on this occasion followed up a slow motion press with a bit of ball watching, then a leisurely amble back as their midfielder runs off him to set up the goal.

So imagine my surprise when your considered analysis of Doyle, under no pressure whatsoever, in a play off semi final, with pretty much nothing but 80 yards of grass between him and Slocombe, ****ing up a ten yard pass to an unmarked teammate, leading to us getting countered and subsequently conceding a goal, is...wait for it...that it's Jimmy Knowles' fault!

The exact opposite of all you had said previously.

We will need 2 new CB ‘s.
    Ellis is off to Barrow. He obv hasnt bought into all this IB new dawn stuff

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    As I mentioned before, on the match thread you were scathing and unequivocal in your criticism of Sam for losing the ball.

So it seems fairly clear that in these ball loss situations and resulting opposition attacks, you blame the player who makes the original mistake, as without that the subsequent action wouldn't have taken place.

In that Boreham Wood game, your throwing Eli Sam under the bus seemed very harsh to me as we were losing the game at the time, he was trying to make something happen, and he was being pressured by two defenders.

Add to that the fact that he wasn't in a particularly dangerous position for us, we had plenty of players back, including our experienced, determined, hard running captain, who on this occasion followed up a slow motion press with a bit of ball watching, then a leisurely amble back as their midfielder runs off him to set up the goal.

So imagine my surprise when your considered analysis of Doyle, under no pressure whatsoever, in a play off semi final, with pretty much nothing but 80 yards of grass between him and Slocombe, ****ing up a ten yard pass to an unmarked teammate, leading to us getting countered and subsequently conceding a goal, is...wait for it...that it's Jimmy Knowles' fault!

The exact opposite of all you had said previously.
    Okay...... So we've established you don't like answering questions.

I get the feeling next season is going to be tricky without these parachute payments.

We're just an average sized fish in an expanding pond these days.

These playoff defeats are going to cost us.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    I get the feeling next season is going to be tricky without these parachute payments.

We're just an average sized fish in an expanding pond these days.

These playoff defeats are going to cost us.
    All play off defeats have cost us, recently 2 by official decisions

In order to get promotion, generally your players must be better than the other clubs in the same division
    How do Notts get the best players, surely its L2 type of players that Notts need , but they want to stay in L2, or if its the better ones in this league or below, they will soon move into L2

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Ellis is off to Barrow. He obv hasnt bought into all this IB new dawn stuff
    Defender Mark Ellis has become the latest former Carlisle United player to join Barrow AFC.

The experienced centre-half has signed a two-year deal at Holker Street after leaving Tranmere Rovers.

Ellis, 32, spent the latter stages of the 2020/21 season on loan with Notts County.

But he has now made a swift return to League Two with Mark Cooper's south Cumbrians.

Ellis will join fellow ex-Blues Paul Farman, Offrande Zanzala, Patrick Brough, Jamie Devitt, Mike Jones, Tom White and Connor Brown at Barrow.

The defender's time with Carlisle, from 2015-18, saw Ellis make 71 appearances under Keith Curle.

He played under Cooper with Forest Green during a loan spell in 2017.

He is the sixth signing made so far this summer by Barrow.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/1938...anmere-rovers/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 18-06-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Defender Mark Ellis has become the latest former Carlisle United player to join Barrow AFC.

The experienced centre-half has signed a two-year deal at Holker Street after leaving Tranmere Rovers.

Ellis, 32, spent the latter stages of the 2020/21 season on loan with Notts County.

But he has now made a swift return to League Two with Mark Cooper's south Cumbrians.

Ellis will join fellow ex-Blues Paul Farman, Offrande Zanzala, Patrick Brough, Jamie Devitt, Mike Jones, Tom White and Connor Brown at Barrow.

The defender's time with Carlisle, from 2015-18, saw Ellis make 71 appearances under Keith Curle.

He played under Cooper with Forest Green during a loan spell in 2017.

He is the sixth signing made so far this summer by Barrow.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/1938...anmere-rovers/
    That is disappointing.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast