+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad next season

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Yes he will look great adorning their bench...if I was Knowles I would stay well clear of Ardley and Russ Abbott...
    He may well have a very different opinion. Those 2 people like them or loathe them have given him a break in mens football. Perhaps that means something to him and given they took pretty good care of him for all their faults maybe that means something to the stags as well.

Knowles isn't worth wasting a seat on bench for, now. Let somebody else have a go with him next season

Maybe we can loan Sam out, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Maybe we can loan Sam out, too.
    As much as I gave him chance at the start, I don't think he's cut out for this league.

Hi I am new to board but read it regularly. I have supported notts for 50 years and been a season ticket holder for many of those and lived through the roller coaster of highs and lows over that time, the lowest point being dropping into this league.We have now had 2 seasons to acclimatise so this year we should know what to expect which brings me to the squad for next season. With the players under contract and those being offered new ones we could end up with the same defence and midfield as this season,, and that means we will still be small and not able to defend high balls ,crosses and set pieces which has blighted us all season. Ithink we require 2x big cbs, 2x cms in mould of harding, bishop and someone to help out wooton several names mentioned already on this board would fill these roles, it will be interesting to see who we bring i. Sorry for length of this post, wiltry to be more concise in future coyp

Quote Originally Posted by Goapie View Post
    Hi I am new to board but read it regularly. I have supported notts for 50 years and been a season ticket holder for many of those and lived through the roller coaster of highs and lows over that time, the lowest point being dropping into this league.We have now had 2 seasons to acclimatise so this year we should know what to expect which brings me to the squad for next season. With the players under contract and those being offered new ones we could end up with the same defence and midfield as this season,, and that means we will still be small and not able to defend high balls ,crosses and set pieces which has blighted us all season. Ithink we require 2x big cbs, 2x cms in mould of harding, bishop and someone to help out wooton several names mentioned already on this board would fill these roles, it will be interesting to see who we bring i. Sorry for length of this post, wiltry to be more concise in future coyp
    Welcome Goapie! Are you actually based in Goa?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Welcome Goapie! Are you actually based in Goa?
    Useless fact. I got engaged in Goa. I bought my wife a ring there as the gold and diamonds seemed like a good deal. When we got home all the gold rubbed off my wifes engagement ring and it turned out it was only gold plated but the diamonds were good. So I had to buy her another one. End result - my wife got 2 engagement rings and I was skint forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Knowles isn't worth wasting a seat on bench for, now. Let somebody else have a go with him next season
    Knolwes was terrible and his marking for the 3rd Torquay goal tells you everything about him as a player

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Knolwes was terrible and his marking for the 3rd Torquay goal tells you everything about him as a player
    I wouldn't say he was terrible. He was raw has some good traits and needs to bulk up a bit.

Thanks swale, not based in goa but have been every year for 20 years and since retirement we go from october to march, so only see notts at beginning and end of season but keep up to date vi a media while there

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast