+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

Despite today's result, I am already more optimistic about next season with the current leadership structure (owners and manager), than I have been for some years. Just feel that the fit is right somehow, this season IB had to work with the tools he was given (use your own imagination to decide what I mean by tools), next season with the right sort of players I believe we have a real chance.

Change my mind LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Despite today's result, I am already more optimistic about next season with the current leadership structure (owners and manager), than I have been for some years. Just feel that the fit is right somehow, this season IB had to work with the tools he was given (use your own imagination to decide what I mean by tools), next season with the right sort of players I believe we have a real chance.

Change my mind LOL
    People said the same thing last season and indeed every season we fail, there's always going to be a clear out and it is assumed that the right type of players will be brought in to replace them this time.

Last season's pre-season poll of where we'd finish was bumped recently. Just read through that to see how blindly optimistic fans can become as we approach a new season. More people predicted we'd finish 1st than any other option.

Somehow, I think we're going to have to finish 3rd (just about doable). Then we'd have the one home game prior to the final with no QF and no away game to worry about. Otherwise, we're likely looking at a further extension to doing time at this level.

Difference is the manager, IB seems to know what to do and has proved it in foreign leagues at higher level. Not going to slight previous managers but this one seems different, he seems to know what is required to get the job done. I have more confidence that I did since the days of Cotterill.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    People said the same thing last season and indeed every season we fail, there's always going to be a clear out and it is assumed that the right type of players will be brought in to replace them this time.

Last season's pre-season poll of where we'd finish was bumped recently. Just read through that to see how blindly optimistic fans can become as we approach a new season. More people predicted we'd finish 1st than any other option.

Somehow, I think we're going to have to finish 3rd (just about doable). Then we'd have the one home game prior to the final with no QF and no away game to worry about. Otherwise, we're likely looking at a further extension to doing time at this level.
    We were never going to finish 1st this season with muppet Ardley in charge , and the crap he brought in ..how many players did ardley sign around 50 over his time nearly all crap

At least we have another chance now, just wish it had been 2 years earlier

Difference is the manager, IB seems to know what to do and has proved it in foreign leagues at higher level. Not going to slight previous managers but this one seems different, he seems to know what is required to get the job done. I have more confidence that I did since the days of Cotterill.
    It will all depend on if we can get the right players to suit his philosophy.

All the noise from the Club suggests they will

Agreed Carlton, just think we have a team who finally know what we need. Not one who that's blindly going for what's available.

I must admit to being a little more confident for next season, with Burch in charge rather than Ardley. Wonder if the Broz will splash a bit of extra cash now that they have 'their' man in charge. We shall see.

There is no reason why they won't. You can't criticise the owners or club of not having a plan/approach that's for sure.

A couple of months ago when in poor form under IB fans on here wanted almost everyone gone, complete clear out.

Then within the past week or so after a very impressive run of perfomances band results it was only a handful.

As expected after the disappointment of today there will be shift back to getting rid of more than less.

The answer will probably lay somewhere in the middle. If we can get the recruitment right overall with a couple of key stunning signings and retain our better players under IBs stewardship we could have a very good season next time out.

Full pre season, knows the squad, knows what we need having assessed the squad, knows the league and opposition significantly more than when he arrived and once again backed by the owners.

No guarantees obviously and getting the recruitment right is tough but I sense a bright future.

Hope so, but dont even know if they need to. A slimmer team with the right players may not cost more if as much as the last seasons crew. Depends on the cost of those who are still in contract.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    There is no reason why they won't. You can't criticise the owners or club of not having a plan/approach that's for sure.

A couple of months ago when in poor form under IB fans on here wanted almost everyone gone, complete clear out.

Then within the past week or so after a very impressive run of perfomances band results it was only a handful.

As expected after the disappointment of today there will be shift back to getting rid of more than less.

The answer will probably lay somewhere in the middle. If we can get the recruitment right overall with a couple of key stunning signings and retain our better players under IBs stewardship we could have a very good season next time out.

Full pre season, knows the squad, knows what we need having assessed the squad, knows the league and opposition significantly more than when he arrived and once again backed by the owners.

No guarantees obviously and getting the recruitment right is tough but I sense a bright future.
    N0# and choo choo this time you nob?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast