+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eriksen

Looking much more positive at this moment. Major credit to the medical team and the referee and players for their fast response.

Absolutely terrible. His wife was at the side of the pitch too. Hope he pulls through.

A mate based in Copenhagen tells me he arrived conscious in hospital. Hopefully it's reliable information.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    A mate based in Copenhagen tells me he arrived conscious in hospital. Hopefully it's reliable information.
    Everyone hopes so driller.... love watching him play and that was heart breaking... he's a warrior so look forward to positive updates

UEFA put a statement out saying he has 'stabilised ' in hospital

Seeing him go down, I honestly thought I was watching someone's last moments, why the TV director felt it was appropriate to show them performing CPR I don't know. I remember watching when Muamba had an issue and the TV just pointed to the stands.

Apparently he is awake and stable in hospital, sadly I don't think we will see him on the pitch again but after what I saw, I'm just glad he's still with us

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seeing him go down, I honestly thought I was watching someone's last moments, why the TV director felt it was appropriate to show them performing CPR I don't know.
    They should have cut away far sooner. If the Danish players were capable of realising this was not event "to be seen", to the point where they formed a protective human screen around their stricken colleague, then the director should have realised that too, but the journalistic instinct to feed the public with "breaking news", in image form if possible, seems to know no limit these days.

I don't necessarily object to one or two of the cameras focusing on the developing situation, because I recall (for example) the TV footage of the Bradford City fire and the Hillsborough disaster which retrospectively aided the investigation and the search for answers, but the director is responsible for deciding precisely which camera angle is shown to the live audience, and in this case I think they could have cut to the long shot far earlier.
    Last edited by jackal2; 12-06-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    They should have cut away far sooner. If the Danish players were capable of realising this was not event "to be seen", to the point where they formed a protective human screen around their stricken colleague, then the director should have realised that too, but the journalistic instinct to feed the public with "breaking news", in image form if possible, seems to know no limit these days.

I don't necessarily object to one or two of the cameras focusing on the developing situation, because I recall (for example) the TV footage of the Bradford City fire and the Hillsborough disaster which retrospectively aided the investigation and the search for answers, but the director is responsible for deciding precisely which camera angle is shown to the live audience, and in this case I think they could have cut to the long shot far earlier.
    Whole heartedly agree, they zoomed in on him obviously in distress, just shocking!

And you're right, some footage can help, especially with fires and such but they don't have the excuse here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123