+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christian Eriksson

Christian Eriksson

Very sad scenes on the pitch in the Denmark v Finland match. Hope Eriksson recovers and is ok

UEFA tweet says he has been transferred to hospital and stabilised, I'm in tears as I type this up. Next update in 20 minutes direct from UEFA.

Come on Christian lad, stay strong we are all rooting for you

Just seen that update. Good news. Wish him a full and speedy recovery.
    Awful when incidents like this occur at sporting events

I've just seen a photo of him awake, eyes open and looking up form the stretcher with an oxygen mask on. This is great news!

Further reports say he is also wide awake in hospital and receiving further treatment. The Danish team have informed UEFA they want to complete the game later this evening and it is likely to start at approx 8.15pm.

Following the request made by players of both teams, UEFA has agreed to restart the match between Denmark and Finland tonight at 20:30 CET.

The last four minutes of the first half will be played, there will then be a 5-minute half-time break followed by the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    UEFA tweet says he has been transferred to hospital and stabilised, I'm in tears as I type this up. Next update in 20 minutes direct from UEFA.

Come on Christian lad, stay strong we are all rooting for you
    Didn't watch the game tonight but just caught some clips online and totally get the tears as it reminded me of watching Spurs v Bolton a few years ago when the Bolton fella went down in similar way. I was watching on own in the pub and was gob smacked as things unfolded but remember the crowd trying to gee the player to come around when being resuscitated as they were tonight. I went to meet the wife after for food and cried like a baby! Really got to me seeing how fragile life can be and the human responses from people surrounding a potential tragedy as it unfolds. Reminds you how delicate life is.Thankfully the Bolton lad (can't remember his name) pulled through, but never played again and I hope Eriksen makes a full recovery to live a full life.

Fabrice Muamba is the name you’re looking for Brin

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Didn't watch the game tonight but just caught some clips online and totally get the tears as it reminded me of watching Spurs v Bolton a few years ago when the Bolton fella went down in similar way. I was watching on own in the pub and was gob smacked as things unfolded but remember the crowd trying to gee the player to come around when being resuscitated as they were tonight. I went to meet the wife after for food and cried like a baby! Really got to me seeing how fragile life can be and the human responses from people surrounding a potential tragedy as it unfolds. Reminds you how delicate life is.Thankfully the Bolton lad (can't remember his name) pulled through, but never played again and I hope Eriksen makes a full recovery to live a full life.
    I feel your pain, Sanders. The only time I ever cried was when Bambi's mom died. Never got over it.