+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England v Crotia

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Do they have to kneel? I thought it was a voluntary gesture of support?
    I don't think any white player has a choice, to be fair, the flak they would get for refusing or even questioning it just wouldn't be worth making the stand for, he'd be accused of being a racist. There are some black players who are not doing it (including one over the river on the basis that BLM is a tool for political manipulation), but none in the England team. I'm guessing they are persisting with it now because of what the top players are experiencing on social media, but it doesn't appear to be helping and very possibly is making the situation a whole lot worse by encouraging or goading people into doing something they now know will upset these players.

When you consider that this country is among the very the least racist and least homophobic on the planet and all of the very serious human rights issues in places like China and the Middle East, it is a bit of a joke that fans are being made to feel as though they are complicit in "systemic racism" and I don't blame anybody for taking offence to the knee. Belgium have done it as I type and it was roundly booed.

Bigots go to great effort to out themselves. Headline shocker.

I decided to look in on the board today after the Torquay disaster. When I saw the poorly spelt provocative quotes I knew immediately who the culprit would be, that person has been banned and this board will be better for it, Pedro will have to laugh at his own crap jokes now and my offer to the coward is still there. Perhaps people should ask James McLean on his views on taking the knee, that lad doesn't let anyone tell him what to do, as Gandhi said ' even in a minority of one the truth is still the truth'.

I’m sure someone will tell Pugwash that taking a knee is nothing to do with Black Lives Matter.

Him and people like him actually believe that these young fellas are black activists and the other lads who stand by them are too scared of the backlash to not take the knee, really ? I would back them to the hilt if they walked off the pitch the next time it happens, perhaps that's what's needed to really make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Boo the knee
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    Him and people like him actually believe that these young fellas are black activists and the other lads who stand by them are too scared of the backlash to not take the knee, really ? I would back them to the hilt if they walked off the pitch the next time it happens, perhaps that's what's needed to really make a change.
    Why would anyone have a problem with players representing England choosing to make a stand(pardon the pun) against racism and everything associated with it?

I’m sure they’d object, but I’ve not come up with any reason except that they hold racist attitudes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Why would anyone have a problem with players representing England choosing to make a stand(pardon the pun) against racism and everything associated with it?

I’m sure they’d object, but I’ve not come up with any reason except that they hold racist attitudes themselves.
    Well said, BFP. How many of you in this fred have taken the trouble to read Gareth Southgate's letter about why he wants his players to 'take the knee'?
    He is an absolute class act - an intelligent man with a proper sense of injustice. Like Swale says, no one is forced to do it ... and well done for banishing the sailor boy to the outer reaches of the Sargasso Sea.

It's a game of politics and people are being played. Maybe some are naïve not to see it, but many are deliberately pretending that it isn't political in the same way they tried to pretend BLM wasn't political. It's no surprise that almost all on the left are for it whilst those on the right are against and those in the middle are too scared to say either way and just do or say what will allow them to go about minding their business as best they can until they are next confronted with it. Having come out of the far left, I know what the tactics are.

Navy has gone way too far and has got himself banned, seemingly on purpose. The rest of this thread, like the other one, will serve no purpose other than to divide people further. A pity Swale didn't close this one down earlier also.

FWIW I don't think there will be much booing tomorrow and people will get behind the team, but if it continues into next season it will become an issue all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Totally agree
    Well, it's not just about that now is it. Navy posted some racial comments on a thread that was removed. Actually proving, that at least one of the knee boo crew is a racist. I wonder how many more there are?

You see, as white people we all have some kind of in built racism, for most it will be subconscious, however for others the 'rights for whites' for example, they still believe it. It stems from the media, government and the parents but most of all, when we pretty much colonised everywhere and used to throw black people (slaves) off boats when they got sick. Remember Slavery? Black people certainly do and thats why they have continuously looked for justice since then.

The knee is to signify that people want racism to be addressed and dealt with. Ok, it's not really working, but you have to keep trying.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast