+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NL Players Worth Signing

So we just get a pretty good squad together and most people just want to destroy it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    So we just get a pretty good squad together and most people just want to destroy it!!!
    Exactly. And a really good manager!

Baffling isn’t it?

The fifth best squad in this league though. Is that the ambition for next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    The fifth best squad in this league though. Is that the ambition for next year ?
    Good point. I don’t think anybody is on about dismantling the squad(they’ve showed recently that many of them can actually play) but you only have to look at our subs bench yesterday to know it needs some decent upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Who have we all noticed this season and thought they would be a good signing for us?

I'll start with Harry Beautyman but I suspect he'll be well capable of doing well in L2. Probably too old for our recruitment profile too.

Who else have you spotted who might be a realistic target down here?
    Has anybody spotted a keeper that can dominate his box and come for crosses and balls just pumped into the box?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Who have we all noticed this season and thought they would be a good signing for us?

I'll start with Harry Beautyman but I suspect he'll be well capable of doing well in L2. Probably too old for our recruitment profile too.

Who else have you spotted who might be a realistic target down here?
    From what Richard Montague said in his interviews with Leigh Curtis and Charlie Slater, they don’t rule out signing experienced players. You’re always going to need a blend of youth and experience, and the club seemingly recognizes that.

The first team is at least 4 players short of a title winning team. We need 2 mids, a centre back and at least one more striker. **** the playoffs again, 1st place this time needs to be the only aim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12