+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dane Murphy to leave ?

Dane Murphy to leave ?

Barnsley chief has emerged as leading candidate for key Nottingham Forest role.

See link:
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...murphy-5522281

He's an ambitious lad , a bigger club .

I communicated with him last year via email which he was quick to respond to to be fair .

I said to him this club will never leave you despite your background .

He felt it too and agreed with me .

He's clearly plenty to consider .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He's an ambitious lad , a bigger club .

I communicated with him last year via email which he was quick to respond to to be fair .

I said to him this club will never leave you despite your background .

He felt it too and agreed with me .

He's clearly plenty to consider .
    Yes he’s a top fella.
    Speaking to him at the bar during a break at a supporters meeting a couple of years back (2019?).
    I got the impression he was a feisty up and at um sort of character.
    I do NOT think he will leave - because he is very much wrapped up with the consortium.

I like Murphy, he's a good speaker, very intelligent and articulate. If he gets a better job offer then good luck to him. I feel he's represented this club very well and integrated with the Barnsley people.

Being an ex footballer I feel he has brought more to the table in terms of communication and understanding about the game than his predecessors did. He's given me clarity about the clubs ethos and direction it's taking under this ownership.

Hope he stays but if not good luck to the blowk.

Doug O’Kane:
    Getting a lot of questions about Nottingham Forest coming in for Dane Murphy.
    I’ve been told by numerous people they are interested in him but also that there has been no official approach as of yet and he’s keen to stay.
    I can’t say definitively one way or the other just yet.

Wonder if he’ll get Melissa Terry a job at Forest with him ?

Taymour Roushdi resigned to go to Forest with Murphy supposedly

Many supporters don’t see the crucial role a CEO has at the club.
    If Dane Murphy leaves then it could easily have a catastrophic impact on the fortunes of Barnsley next season.

Our CEO is often the link between the owners and the manager. And under the present circumstances with Valerian that’s important.
    He also deals with players contracts (eg Mowatt) that are currently at the club.
    And importantly he is at the centre of recruitment.

If he leaves and moves to Nottingham he is taking with him the knowledge of how Barnsley recruit players and who the Barnsley targets are - including how Barnsley are widening their search for players in places such as South and North America.

Obviously at this time of year he is in the middle of discussions with players and their agents trying to persuade players to join the club.
    It couldn’t come at a worse time of year to lose the CEO.

A few weeks ago I posted that I wasn’t bothered which players were sold as long as we kept the CEO and manager.
    How things stand tonight we could lose both.
    Chien Lee said at the Swansea play off match that next season we will be stronger.
    That’s a massive task if just one leaves.
    If both leave then escaping relegation might be a more realistic target.
    Let’s hope not.

Dane Murphy has not tendered his resignation as CEO of Barnsley, but his contract at the Tykes does expire at the end of June – per Daniel Taylor of The Athletic.