+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Leeds Utd Forums - self gratification,vindication & fornication apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I thought it was absolutely fantastic and something more sportsmen and women should engage in. They are role models and the sports they take part in shouldn't be used by the purveyors of drinks and "foods" that contribute directly to youth obesity. Good on him.
    LOL I must be getting slow, I noticed the bottles the other day and thought what the hell is a footballer doing drinking that muck. I am not a fan of Ronaldo but credit for moving it, he also has done a lot for Madeira charity wise but I think for such a talented player he doesn't need the theatrics, albeit he has mellowed since his days at a certain manchester side

I thought it was absolutely fantastic and something more sportsmen and women should engage in. They are role models and the sports they take part in shouldn't be used by the purveyors of drinks and "foods" that contribute directly to youth obesity. Good on him.
    Which water company is he being sponsored by now 😎

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Which water company is he being sponsored by now ��
    Coca Cola believes it or not they own a few water companies.

Mount Franklin is a brand of bottled spring water available in Australia. It is owned and manufactured by Coca-Cola Amatil

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Which water company is he being sponsored by now 😎
    He has a fair few sponsors, but none are purveyors of water (bottled or otherwise). He doesn't need any more when he gets around £900k for every Instagram post he puts up!

Ta everyone who took the time to leave a pm-box-message which I genuinely appreciated.

My small offerings of football despair and enlightenment given to your Forum showed what commenting on Leeds Utd can achieve and the many positive impacts a forum has for those folks facing personal/family stressful situations.Never alone as a Leeds fan for sure and so it appears from other clubs fans in the Football Mad set up as the many messages I received have pointed out.

I will endeavour to reply to all pm-box messages by pm's & put ER match day points raised direct to those parties who'll deal with matters.

Just hoping a few more folks will be tempted back to post again on this great old Forum & possibly more new folks for season 2021/22.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Ta everyone who took the time to leave a pm-box-message which I genuinely appreciated.

My small offerings of football despair and enlightenment given to your Forum showed what commenting on Leeds Utd can achieve and the many positive impacts a forum has for those folks facing personal/family stressful situations.Never alone as a Leeds fan for sure and so it appears from other clubs fans in the Football Mad set up as the many messages I received have pointed out.

I will endeavour to reply to all pm-box messages by pm's & put ER match day points raised direct to those parties who'll deal with matters.

Just hoping a few more folks will be tempted back to post again on this great old Forum & possibly more new folks for season 2021/22.

Thank you.
    I'll get someone new Toty just for you and mum. I'll change my name and pretend I can remember things that is if I can remember to create another account hehe. Hope all is well and doesn't matter how bad it gets there are always other people worse off somewhere. Life is like riding the bad to try to make things good.

And all you knuckleheads that stop posting If someone sick can remain here and try to make a difference with maybe humour who knows sensible posts every now and then get abused surely you guys are not as bad off so once again bite your tongues and start posting.
    I won't be around much longer as my body gives away every day and I feel it but as long as I can keep going I will be here.
    And here comes the cavalry please stop these!

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    And all you knuckleheads that stop posting If someone sick can remain here and try to make a difference with maybe humour who knows sensible posts every now and then get abused surely you guys are not as bad off so once again bite your tongues and start posting.
    I won't be around much longer as my body gives away every day and I feel it but as long as I can keep going I will be here.
    And here comes the cavalry please stop these!
    "Bite your tongues", "start posting". Something of a dichotomy.

Those who have stopped posting have, in the main, done so, as they put it, because of the negativity and conflict that they see from those who do post. You can't have it both ways, either you accept differing opinions, argue you case and sometimes (not always), agree to differ, or expect all to "toe the party line" in which case you will get many self-congratulatory posts for a time, then nothing, as the irrelevance of the board becomes more and more apparent.

I've been posting for more than a decade, had support from some, criticism from others, ploughed my own furrow in footballing matters and this forum, don't take anything back and will continue to do the same in the future. If the snowflake generation, or those of a slightly older generation who identify as such and seek to be offended when genuine, honestly held opinions are aired, and decide to absent themselves from this forum as a result, more fool them. And if I end up as last man standing, at least I can hold my head up and say that here in this forum I was true to what I hold dear, Leeds United Football Club.

"Bite your tongues", "start posting". Something of a dichotomy.

Those who have stopped posting have, in the main, done so, as they put it, because of the negativity and conflict that they see from those who do post. You can't have it both ways, either you accept differing opinions, argue you case and sometimes (not always), agree to differ, or expect all to "toe the party line" in which case you will get many self-congratulatory posts for a time, then nothing, as the irrelevance of the board becomes more and more apparent.

I've been posting for more than a decade, had support from some, criticism from others, ploughed my own furrow in footballing matters and this forum, don't take anything back and will continue to do the same in the future. If the snowflake generation, or those of a slightly older generation who identify as such and seek to be offended when genuine, honestly held opinions are aired, and decide to absent themselves from this forum as a result, more fool them. And if I end up as last man standing, at least I can hold my head up and say that here in this forum I was true to what I hold dear, Leeds United Football Club.
    Yeah, you are different, you don't say things like I hope you die and crap like that. The other thing I notice of you is you don't hold grudges you say things like you see them bad or good. I didn't expect you to ever reply to me after what I said even though I didn't realize I said it there was no excuse.
    People don't seem to understand we are all alike and barrack for one team. If you don't have something nice to say or don't like a particular poster why do you need to reply? The ignore button is there you don't like hit it and never see comments from an unliked poster. By replying to ones you don't like means you are worse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yeah, you are different, you don't say things like I hope you die and crap like that. The other thing I notice of you is you don't hold grudges you say things like you see them bad or good. I didn't expect you to ever reply to me after what I said even though I didn't realize I said it there was no excuse.
    People don't seem to understand we are all alike and barrack for one team. If you don't have something nice to say or don't like a particular poster why do you need to reply? The ignore button is there you don't like hit it and never see comments from an unliked poster. By replying to ones you don't like means you are worse for it.
    Not that different, and like it that way. Been around too long and had too much real life sh1t to ever wish death on anyone, for any reason (and sure as hell nothing to do with LUFC).

Again, too old and had too many corners knocked off me to hold grudges (doesn't mean I'll give others and easy ride!), and as to replying or responding, it's a short life and cutting yourself off from dialogue with others, even those you disagree with, is a recipe for a cold world.

No-one twists the arm for a response, likewise no-one should expect one.

Respect to all (even if we agree to disagree!)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)