+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

Don't forget we need to get rid of Gibson from the defence as well. 3 in, 2 out and loan signing at right back with young lad from Liverpool would be ok to sort out defence. Then we need to start on the midfield and no excuses; no old codgers please; pace we need and young legs thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Can use the dark arts as much as he wants at Burnley Sinkov , he won’t get the free kicks or pens though not when he’s wearing a Burnley shirt .

We’re used to that aren’t we ?
    army --again very true, in fact, we don't even get penalties when the opposition are trying to steal the Burnley shirt of the back of our players. Mind you, the same happened in the football yesterday when a Welsh player got away with a blatant shirt pull in the area. Perhaps Switzerland are the Euro Clarets.

I'd settle for those aforementioned three signings with one more.

Reading through the lines money will be available to SD if we sell one or more of our prime assets-Tarkowski, Pope, Wood and/or Mcneil.
    Can somebody explain how that is progress?
    Surely they should only be sold if we replace with like for like or better not Championship hopefuls.We have had too many duds from the Championship.Can we look no further than the Championship.
    Ashley Young is Aaron Lennon 2.

Ashley Young,flippin heck,another geriatric sick note waiting to happen,he certainly doesn't live up to his surname..

Not a signing I would like to see happen.

I remember thinking exactly the same when we signed Graham Alexander from Preston alf.

"Oldies" can be "Goodies".

So the script has not changed whatsoever.Money only available if we sell our best players then Championship hopefuls and/or ex-PL /England past their prime last pay check before retirement category.If I was SD I would be on my way.
    We will back SD my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    So the script has not changed whatsoever.Money only available if we sell our best players then Championship hopefuls and/or ex-PL /England past their prime last pay check before retirement category.If I was SD I would be on my way.
    We will back SD my arse.
    It may well be that SD wants another season with Ashley Young. If that is the case, it means Dyche is staying, and that being so I think we are on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It may well be that SD wants another season with Ashley Young. If that is the case, it means Dyche is staying, and that being so I think we are on the up.
    No doubt the 6m/year may have persuaded him to carry on putting up with the charade.They are desperate to keep SD because they know there are very few managers who can keep BFC in the PL with their budget and staying in the PL is the only way they will make money.
    Like I said, they are lying when they say they intend to back SD in the transfer market.They were that skint they had to empty the dry powder room to buy the club so where is the dosh going to come from?
    I would love to know-maybe they could get a loan from Garlick & Co.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 14-06-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    No doubt the 6m/year may have persuaded him to carry on putting up with the charade.They are desperate to keep SD because they know there are very few managers who can keep BFC in the PL with their budget and staying in the PL is the only way they will make money.
    Like I said, they are lying when they say they intend to back SD in the transfer market.They were that skint they had to empty the dry powder room to buy the club so where is the dosh going to come from?
    I would love to know-maybe they could get a loan from Garlick & Co.
    Something that has become apparent to me is that we at BFC are always doing a lot of talking and not a lot of doing ( my old man always said be a doer not a sayer ).
    Apparently we are now in extended serious talks with young , our manager hasn’t signed but he’s talking to the club about his contract - not signing just talking.

We’ve entered into a situation with the new owners where I honestly believe we’re worse off , it’s a consortium of people with strange views on how to run/ compete in the premier league.

I’m a bit confused because as I said the word from the club is the manager will be supported , I think it’s lip service again , Dyche says Tarky as far as he’s concerned is staying - Tarky says he wants away can’t wait to go (according to press ) , the end result now would be the board wants to sell to give Dyche money and Dyche wants a lot more money whilst keeping Tarky the top centre back.

The whole thing is shagged we’re in bother unless it gets sorted and quickly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)