+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

The whole thing is shagged we’re in bother unless it gets sorted and quickly.[/QUOTE]

You know that is not the Burnley way Army.We are definitely worse off now because there is no dry powder room-well there is but it is now in the Garlick residence.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    The whole thing is shagged we’re in bother unless it gets sorted and quickly.
    You know that is not the Burnley way Army.We are definitely worse off now because there is no dry powder room-well there is but it is now in the Garlick residence.[/QUOTE]

I just think CIB were now at loggerheads the club want Tarky to go , Dyche says it’s better if he stays the board say they’re supporting him but he’s not signing his deal , we’re messing about with 35 year olds ( regardless if he’s decent or not he’s too old )

So to cap it all Dyche is hanging fire because he now thinks this lot are going to sell players to give him money , that won’t be enough money as Tarky is unless we find an instant replacement that’s brilliant, irreplaceable for monies we spend anyway. ( add to that Dyche doesn’t play new recruits straight away ).

We need another full back two midfielders at least and a striker at least , all mobile all capable of competing in the premiership- if they sell wood or he decides to go anyway we’re up the creek without a manager or a paddle.

I keep hoping for a little glimmer of hope but Ashley young not it , and as I said before the longer these stalemates go on the more likely it is Dyche leaves and some players.

Not enough time for a manager to sort out an already ageing team that is slow and laboured in approach ( unless lampard comes he’ll have access to young talent if he brings Morris ).

The first question that needs to be answered is Dyche staying or leaving. If Dyche has agreed to a new contract but stalling on actually singing than Pace must give him a deadline, because if he is leaving a new manager may require different players and a good pre-season.

If Dyche is leaving I would love to see Lampard or someone similar given a chance and he may reveal that we could be a good footballing side with some obvious area of the team being upgraded.

The fact that we as a club are considering Ashley Young shows signs of desperation. Nat Phillips from Liverpool would be a great signing but I am not hopeful of such taking place. However we need more than a single signing to be competitive next season.

I will wait and see just what this summer brings it is down to Pace to show if he is all talk or maybe he will surprise us and be as good as his words.

The time it's taking to sign Dyche and Young doesn't augur well, we'll need a 12 month transfer window to get who we need.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The time it's taking to sign Dyche and Young doesn't augur well, we'll need a 12 month transfer window to get who we need.
    and this - is the result of gambling on a play safe pocket the money system the leads to an inevitable degredation - and doing it for far too long.

Gloomy on here this morning.

Brighten up and be happy chaps, after all you did manage to wake up and smell the coffee.

Oops, perhaps that's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Brighten up and be happy chaps, after all you did manage to wake up and smell the coffee.

It’s just getting worse BT , I read this morning we are in our fourth offer / negotiations with Ashley Young ( what is going on ) , I’m a bit lost we are in avid pursuit of a veteran footballer and that seems to be our main aim at the minute.

The worrying bit is there’s nothing else , the manager other acquisitions, we’re an accident waiting to happen and it feels like we’re a smidgin away from disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s just getting worse BT , I read this morning we are in our fourth offer / negotiations with Ashley Young ( what is going on ) , I’m a bit lost we are in avid pursuit of a veteran footballer and that seems to be our main aim at the minute.

The worrying bit is there’s nothing else , the manager other acquisitions, we’re an accident waiting to happen and it feels like we’re a smidgin away from disaster.
    It's our annual dance army88, I hoped with genuine optimism Pace & Co might bring something else to the table, but it seems not.

It's our annual dance army88, I hoped with genuine optimism Pace & Co might bring something else to the table, but it seems not.
    Get wise BT they saw the club making big bucks with little layout and they wanted a piece of the action with the same approach.Same messages as before also-we will back the manager.It worked for Garlick & Co so why not for Pace & Co.Problem is I think SD has already gotten wise.

Gloomy is not the word for it.Some of our posters,if they won the Lottery,would be moaning because it wasn't the Euromillions.
    The sun is shining,you are alive,we stayed up,people are being vaccinated and next season you will be able to go on to the Turf.What will you do then.Yeh right - worry about the next game

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)