+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Gloomy is not the word for it.Some of our posters,if they won the Lottery,would be moaning because it wasn't the Euromillions.
    The sun is shining,you are alive,we stayed up,people are being vaccinated and next season you will be able to go on to the Turf.What will you do then.Yeh right - worry about the next game
    I loved your comment on the Rhondda Con Club - that cheered me up no end.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Been offered a 12 month contract with the option of a further 12 months, and according to the media, he's quite likely going to sign it. You'd hope we'd be looking for younger players, but I can see the sense in it, we need a replacement for Brady, and the squad is now so bereft it can't be rebuilt in one transfer window, so it buys some time. Besides he's cheap, he's out of contract, we have to sign cheap players, we have no money.
    Villa are in for him, so we won't have to worry about him signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Villa are in for him, so we won't have to worry about him signing for us.
    I would be more than happy to see Young go to Villa.

We have previously signed too many player in the twilight of their careers, Walters, Lennon, Hart, Stephens. The main exception to this was Barton who turned out to be an excellent signing. Garlick quite rightly got the abuse for such signing but it looks like it is the same with Pace, or is it Dyche that selects these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I would be more than happy to see Young go to Villa.

We have previously signed too many player in the twilight of their careers, Walters, Lennon, Hart, Stephens. The main exception to this was Barton who turned out to be an excellent signing. Garlick quite rightly got the abuse for such signing but it looks like it is the same with Pace, or is it Dyche that selects these players.
    t's obvious SD does not put his faith in unseasoned professional footballers. McNeil has been the only exception during Dyche's tenure at Turf Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    t's obvious SD does not put his faith in unseasoned professional footballers. McNeil has been the only exception during Dyche's tenure at Turf Moor.
    If you and me can see that BT, one would suppose that agents representing young ambitious and talented players would not be considering Burnley FC as an option for their charges. Young talent needs some game time not being bench warmers which they probably would be at BFC. We really need to break the cycle and look to young talent starting with Nat Phillips if he is available and will consider signing for BFC, but that unlikely to happen.

Looks like Young is going to Villa, no surprise really, why would he not prefer signing for a club with ambitions to get into the top 10 and Europe, as opposed to one that considers 17th place in the PL is success.

sinkov--- he is a footballer, he has an agent. Both are out to make money, therefore, the question is ---Will he be getting paid more at Villa than he would at Burnley?
    We both know the answer to that question and, that being the case, his agent will also be getting more out of the deal than he would at the Turf.
    If Villa were really ambitious they would be going out to win the league, not just finish in the top 10.

They fell off badly last season because when they had played 19 matches they had 32 points and had scored 34 goals. In their remaining 19 matches they picked up just 23 points and scored 21 goals. Ah yes but Grealish etc., etc. -------void argument as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Looks like Young is going to Villa, no surprise really, why would he not prefer signing for a club with ambitions to get into the top 10 and Europe, as opposed to one that considers 17th place in the PL is success.
    No surprise at all in fact I would be surprised if any ambitious top players want to come to BFC.If somebody said would you like to play for a club like Villa for undoubtedly much more than BFC who would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

They fell off badly last season because when they had played 19 matches they had 32 points and had scored 34 goals. In their remaining 19 matches they picked up just 23 points and scored 21 goals.

19 games, 23 points, that would give them 46 points over a full season, which would see them safely in mid-table. We picked up just 17 points from our last 19 games, that would give us 34 points over a full season, and in 9 seasons out of 10, that would get us relegated. Young is better off at Villa, from both a playing and financial aspect, we didn't have a chance once they showed interest.

Either Dyche is on holiday without a mobile phone or laptop, or he has totally lost interest in his job with Burnley FC.

I'll go with the latter.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)