+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashley Young

Ashley Young

Been offered a 12 month contract with the option of a further 12 months, and according to the media, he's quite likely going to sign it. You'd hope we'd be looking for younger players, but I can see the sense in it, we need a replacement for Brady, and the squad is now so bereft it can't be rebuilt in one transfer window, so it buys some time. Besides he's cheap, he's out of contract, we have to sign cheap players, we have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Been offered a 12 month contract with the option of a further 12 months, and according to the media, he's quite likely going to sign it. You'd hope we'd be looking for younger players, but I can see the sense in it, we need a replacement for Brady, and the squad is now so bereft it can't be rebuilt in one transfer window, so it buys some time. Besides he's cheap, he's out of contract, we have to sign cheap players, we have no money.
    According to the Italian media Inter Milan wanted to keep him.

The lad is fit, he can play a bit, SD knows him, the player wants a return to the EPL and is happy to come to Turf Moor. What's not to like?

I'm twice his age and I was running rings around my two grandsons on Southport beach yesterday afternoon, 35 is nothing for a finely tuned professional athlete. At 70, I needed a couple of pints in Wetherspoons to cool down after the exertions, but I feel proper grand this morning.

The lads stayed overnight and I'm waiting for the lads to wake up, have their breakfasts and we are then warming up in the back garden with a ball for the England game, and obligatory BBQ.

Incidentally sinkov, BFC have loads of money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Incidentally sinkov, BFC have loads of money.
    BFC might well have loads of money BT, when I said 'we have no money' I meant BFC's manager has no money, which I will continue to believe is accurate until events prove otherwise.

It does occur to me that Sean will have his work cut out if he does sign Young, he has a strict no diving, no cheating policy, Ashley is regarded as one of the most accomplished practioners of the dark arts in world football, can Sean teach an old dog new tricks ?

BFC might well have loads of money BT, when I said 'we have no money' I meant BFC's manager has no money, which I will continue to believe is accurate until events prove otherwise.

It does occur to me that Sean will have his work cut out if he does sign Young, he has a strict no diving, no cheating policy, Ashley is regarded as one of the most accomplished practioners of the dark arts in world football, can Sean teach an old dog new tricks ?
    I'm following the money at BFC pretty closely at the moment sinkov. Outwood can have his somnambulism, I'm watching the purse strings at Turf Moor.

It looks like we will receive £22.5 for Tarkowski and acquire the services of Nat Phillips and Nathan Collins for about the same sort of dosh. Two players in, one player out and no money spent.

That's the Burnley way!

Add Young to that and it's three in, one out, and no money spent. It's just like Mike never went away.

Add Young to that and it's three in, one out, and no money spent. It's just like Mike never went away.
    Incidentally, where is Rigg? Sacked, replaced or what?

Who is Rigg ?

Mike who?

Can use the dark arts as much as he wants at Burnley Sinkov , he won’t get the free kicks or pens though not when he’s wearing a Burnley shirt .

We’re used to that aren’t we ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)