+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul mullin

Paul mullin

It appears the Armstrong replacement is in the form of Cambridge forward paul mullin.
    He has just had a brilliant season and will be on low wages,and I cannot imagine he will be that pricey to buy.
    1 to 2 million tops.

I believe he is out of contract,so might be worth pursuing as the well is dry.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I believe he is out of contract,so might be worth pursuing as the well is dry.
    If Armstrong leaves, we will have around £15m to spend. If he left, we would look to replace him.
    I am unsure either way if he will leave or stay. I think its doubtful he will go.
    But if he does, we will have money to spend, which will change the options of who we are after.
    If he doesn't leave, we don't need any forwards as we are fully stoked in that area and we have as good a forward line as any side in the division including the sides coming down. We have by far the best striker at this level now Toney has gone up.

Remember its silly season. Someone wrote last week we where linked with Kyle Lafferty. When the trust is we have zero interest and that will remain the case. I take all of this with a pinch of salt.
    Its mainly agents talking nonsense.

Everyone at our club is holiday and absolutely nothing is happening at almost every club as they are all on holiday.

No I agree,it should be only in the event of Armstrong going but the money could be used to strengthen weakness elsewhere in the team.
    Defensive frailties and centrally in midfield we look very light and the 15 million(12 after sell on clauses)could be used elsewhere in the squad.
    Ben brereton and Sam Gallagher,I believe will come on leaps and bounds if Armstrong was to go.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    No I agree,it should be only in the event of Armstrong going but the money could be used to strengthen weakness elsewhere in the team.
    Defensive frailties and centrally in midfield we look very light and the 15 million(12 after sell on clauses)could be used elsewhere in the squad.
    Ben brereton and Sam Gallagher,I believe will come on leaps and bounds if Armstrong was to go.
    Brereton made his Chile debut last night vrs Argentina in the Copa America is what has to be the most unusual international debuts of all time!! Wonder if he speaks chilean

I can see we are trying to bring Harwood Belis back which will be a decent signing. Wharton is back around Dec and Ayala should be fit to start the season.
    For me what needs addressing is midfield.
    If we signed Barry Bannon from Sheff Wed I would be made up, as I think that's the one player we do not have and he would make a monumental difference.

Yep bannon would be a quality signing and maybe one more centrally in midfield as we only currently have Davenport and travis.
    This is an area which desperately needs addressing.
    Ben brereton diaz I will have you know.
    By all accounts he looked useful when he came on and that can only be a good thing come the start of the season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)