+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockport V Hartlepool

Watching as a fan of football, not fussed who goes up

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Not that interested, but from a budgetry perspective, I would sooner see the back of Stockport.
    Any team that can pay Rooney and Madden must have serious backers and if they don't go up will probably spend big again.
    It's going to be a mammoth job next season as it is, what with Wrexham (the new Salford), Chesterfield, a potentially rejuvenated Grimsby ((new owners/ground (?)), Southend, plus possibly Torquay, Bromley, Daggers.
    Nobody really knows Notts spending power but I would be surprised if it's on a par with a couple of the above teams.
    However Sutton, Barrow, Cheltenham etc have proved it can be done.
    The latter teams you have mentioned are not in our mould.

I am not worried about the financial aspect. If they can keep the academy going they have the money. Some of the signings we have made such as Roberts and Rodrigues now he he is being managed in the right way are fantastic. Best signings we have made in years possibly decades. Cannot see Chesterfield, Southend, Bromley and Dagenham being a huge worry. Wrexham will become a force if the money is real but it will take more than one season as they will build a totally new team and the same for Grimsby. Our biggest issues I think will be the teams who miss out on the play offs this year if they retain the nucleus of their squads.

HT 0-0

Poor game, painful because it looks like we're better than both. Walker hasn't done too much.
    Torquay look like they could beat either of these.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    HT 0-0

Poor game, painful because it looks like we're better than both. Walker hasn't done too much.
    Torquay look like they could beat either of these.
    You would probably find though that both Hartlepool and Stockport would play very differently against Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    You would probably find though that both Hartlepool and Stockport would play very differently against Notts.
    Agree, more like hoofball than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Agree, more like hoofball than football.
    And that's how to play against our defence easy peasy for them

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    ... Rodrigues now he is being managed in the right way... .

by 'managed in the right way' you might mean 'picked'

Still shocking to me that he hardly had an injury all year, but still wasn't picked to start in 17 of our 42 league games

Cagey affair making it a boring game for us neutrals. Hartlepool seem to be stepping up a bit at the start of the 2nd half but that would not be difficult. Anyone’s game and I suspect that Torquay will fancy their chances against either side on this display.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    by 'managed in the right way' you might mean 'picked'

Still shocking to me that he hardly had an injury all year, but still wasn't picked to start in 17 of our 42 league games
    And horribly unfit it seems with hardly being able to play for 70 mins. Neals way of taking it slow and settling him in perhaps? Who knows.

76mins Stockport 0 - 1 H/Pool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast