+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stockport V Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    by 'managed in the right way' you might mean 'picked'

Still shocking to me that he hardly had an injury all year, but still wasn't picked to start in 17 of our 42 league games
    Even when his starting appearances were infrequent and limited for a period I'd already seen enough to identify genuine talent, excitement and decent sell-on potential to a higher club if needed ££££

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Even when his starting appearances were infrequent and limited for a period I'd already seen enough to identify genuine talent, excitement and decent sell-on potential to a higher club if needed ££££
    What do you think that was all about then?

H/pool win.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    What do you think that was all about then?
    Nope sorry QLD I need more to know what you are asking. Happy to answer as always

Me too, in the first few matches. it was obvious.
    Having such a talent, the fitness issue should've been solved asap and one way was to make him see out games or play as much as possible.
    Never mind, it'll be another story next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    H/pool win.
    Would prefer Johnson to get promoted rather than Challinor, would be good to see a nice man win it.

Imagine whoever loses will be up there competing next season especially Pools

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    H/pool win.
    The more physical, in-yer-face side wins 0-1
    Stockport couldn't have wished for a better chance to level with that header 5mins from time, had to take that.
    Think I'll be wanting Torquay now - the slightly less obnoxious of the two!

Nope sorry QLD I need more to know what you are asking. Happy to answer as always
    I meant why did you think Neal did not play him a lot and why wasn't he fit. Cheers QP

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I meant why did you think Neal did not play him a lot and why wasn't he fit. Cheers QP
    Ahhh that makes more sense, you quoted the wrong post. It threw me.

I imagine a combination of reasons but it's obviously just educated guesswork.

New to the English game.
    I believe hadn't played for a considerable period of time when he signed so that's not going to help fitness levels at all and explains the early season fitness levels. Wrong to compare the first 3 months of the season with the last 3 as a result

As why he wasn't selected for that middle period was I guess due to the manager not fully trusting him, over reliance on the old guard, not being able to identify his best position in the system he was adopting. Clearly he didn't get the best out of RR and as a result he put in quite a few ineffective and poor performances so was dropped. Subsequent games shows that was primarily NAs fault .

IB came in and either RR was unfit , or had a poor attitude in training or a bit of both and was one of one's singled out and made public. That tactic which got a little criticism at the time has clearly worked a treat. IB saw the ability, and unlike NA and Leigh Curtis knew where to play him , where his best position was.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123