+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: covid

covid

Got my first dose yesterday (Astra Zenecca) - I’m 52 and in Brazil. I was there first thing on the first day that my age group opened.
    Amazingly here, we have queues of people waiting to get into Intensive Care but there are no queues to be vaccinated!! Still 2000 deaths per day.

A lot of people are not vaccinating and hundreds of thousands are late taking their second dose. It’s being caused by a mixture of fake news, mis information, lack of thought for others and gross stupidity. Are there people over there doing the same?
    Last edited by toptoon; 13-06-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Take up here has been very good, in the main although there are a few areas where some ethnic minority communities are resistant to having the vaccine (and those areas are the ones where the virus numbers are soaring...who'd-a-thunk it?)

Mind, I had my second one last weekend and the text I got from the GP practice said please attend as thy'd had a lot of opeople not turning up for their second appointment.

I'm guessing-and hoping- that it's because those people managed to re-book their second jab 4 weeks early (as we were allowed to do to combat the India....sorry, variant D) and they couldn't manage to cancel their original booking. I tried to rebook but couldn't cancel my exisiting appointment and didn't want to just book another one and let my booking go to waste so I just stuck with the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Take up here has been very good, in the main although there are a few areas where some ethnic minority communities are resistant to having the vaccine (and those areas are the ones where the virus numbers are soaring...who'd-a-thunk it?)

Mind, I had my second one last weekend and the text I got from the GP practice said please attend as thy'd had a lot of opeople not turning up for their second appointment.

I'm guessing-and hoping- that it's because those people managed to re-book their second jab 4 weeks early (as we were allowed to do to combat the India....sorry, variant D) and they couldn't manage to cancel their original booking. I tried to rebook but couldn't cancel my exisiting appointment and didn't want to just book another one and let my booking go to waste so I just stuck with the original one.
    Well done the two of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Both shots shots over a 7 weeks ago here in the middle east.

Processed by appointment for the first at the national exhibition center. Each of the halls vaccinating 4000 people a day - 16000 in total.

2nd shot was at a drive through. Pulled in gave my medical card with number from the first shot to the guy 25 mins later vax'd and in the rest area. 15 mins later back on the road on my way home for dinner.

Moderna for me.

Felt the side effects for 2 days but it was the weekend so no drama, it was during the 22 game run without a win

Mine was drive thru too. One good thing about there not being many in the queue is you get a chance for a bit chat and banter with the nurses - bonnie lasses all of them😀.

I've had both of mine, a few weeks back.

1 son and 1 daughter, bot in 30's have both had their 1st jab now

other daughter, aged 40 has so far not had hers, she is totally against it/ scared of it . nothing you can say to her makes any difference. grrr

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I've had both of mine, a few weeks back.

1 son and 1 daughter, bot in 30's have both had their 1st jab now

other daughter, aged 40 has so far not had hers, she is totally against it/ scared of it . nothing you can say to her makes any difference. grrr
    Got the same with my son,won’t have it, he’s 37 and not daft but can’t convince him,frustrating.

No problems with first jab given by a nurse,second jab was by a volunteer fireman who was only taking notes my first one.He bloody hurt me but apart from that no problems.

My son and his wife both contracted covid a few weeks back,they are both ok now but have been told to delay their jabs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)