+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team choices v croatia

Team choices v croatia

Southgate making his sacking pretty easy if they dont perform well today, two of the best left backs in the country at his disposal and he chooses a right back to play the position, and picks a very out of form stirling ahead of the m.o.m. for last two england games, great job horseface.

He got lucky, England did start well and should of been in from by HT. Trippier was constantly out of position and thats needs rectifying. Im sure Sterling was coming off and replaced by Jack just as he scored. Mings was superb. Plenty of time for Jack to make his mark...

Walker was never at the races today. Phillips was brilliant, as was Foden. Someone needs to tell Kane his manager isn't Jose and he doesn't need to be in midfield... Or someone needs to out some sparky midfield maestro on to play behind him. Can't think who he'd choose for that tho 🤔

Not sure Harry Kane is fit, he didnt look as sharp as he usually does, even allowing for him playing from deep, which is the problem he or any other striker is going to have when you play as many defensive minded players as Southgate does. We won, despite the team choices rather than because of them, cant ask for more I guess, if we keep doing it we win the trophy, but I think we will need much more of a spark than we showed yesterday.

Borefest of a match but in terms of Croatia's disappointing performance was this because we were set up to nullify their threat or did they have an off day? If the former then it's a solid performance without setting any pulses racing, if the latter then it's a very poor England performance with the exception of Phillips and Mings with credit to Sterling for a decent goal. Good to get off to the right start in a tournament and hopefully they get better game by game.

So does he keep the same Team v The Scots or rest a couple? No good burning the team out. Im sure whatever team he picks, Jack will not start or even come on.....unless we are losing and he wants Jack to save his skin, I know what I would do, just trot around and wait for the new Manager and the World cup!

Unfortunately, Dave, Southgate has already been re-assured that his position is safe, regardless.

Sterling is like AEG and Trez, absolute garbage, then just as he is about to be hauled off, he scrambles one in.

I liked the look of Phillips, no surprise really, he’s been dismantling us for 5 years now.

Well played Tyrone, concentrate mate, concentrate.

As for our chances? We’re relying on how sh1t the opposition is, regarding how far we can go. As it stands, and as it has continuously stood throughout this manager’s reign, we don’t have the nous to take the game to the opposition.

Well, we do, but he’s on the bench.

Spain did not impress me last night. Yet to see what the Germans have to offer but at the Minute Italy look great. We can turn it on but we always go out as a good loser. Could be worse, we could be Scottish 🙄

I see there is a joke doing the rounds that Scotland will be ok cos Nicola Sturgeon is going to insist on the game being replayed until she gets a result she is happy with

Haha I saw that, very apt very funny, she will not accept the result and wants an indyreplay!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)