+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ORTA Interview - Thanking Mr WTF for his Opinions

ORTA Interview - Thanking Mr WTF for his Opinions

Full article & pics.
    https://onefootball.com/en/news/excl...ielsa-33117718

Orta though, is kept humble by those around him at Leeds – and not least by the local postman, who delivers some harsh realities on a weekly basis no matter the recent on-pitch upward curve - Keep that critique coming Mr WTF.

So Orta says “I’ve fallen in love with Leeds,” and follows on with “I knew their history and tradition from the outside, but without being here you can never truly understand the magnitude of this club.

“I feel very proud to have worked with some big clubs in the past.

“For example Sevilla, who completely changed my career, and then Real Valladolid, Elche, Zenit St Petersburg – but I’ve fallen in love with Leeds and the passion here.

“You can feel everything you do with the fans – in a good and bad way. I receive letters of complaint every week, even now, but I love that level of determination to improve. Consistency is the most difficult thing to achieve in football and we’ve had two brilliant seasons in a row.

“When coming into the Premier League, the numbers can be scary when you look at how often promoted teams face relegation again. But we’ve tried to build a foundation around sustainability, which has helped us reach new levels.

“More importantly we’ve succeeded with our own style, with hard work and graft.”

Orta was often seen as a source of frustration for the club’s supporters in his early days.

Similarly, striker and 2018 marquee summer signing Patrick Bamford came in for criticism among the fans in the Championship for not always being as clinical as he should in front of goal.

Both, though, have now proved their doubters wrong, so to speak.

Orta – with the help of Bielsa – has taken Leeds from the middle of the Championship to the top half of the Premier League while Bamford is currently reflecting on a 17-goal season in the top flight.

“You know what? I feel really upset,” Orta joked.

“Because in the past, if something bad happened the blame would be 50 per cent Victor Orta and 50 per cent Patrick Bamford – but now I’m taking 100 per cent [of the blame].

“He [Bamford] deserves this moment because when you work hard through difficult moments, taking criticism and judgements along the way it’s not easy, but I always felt that he believed in his talent.

“I feel really happy for him, for his family, for his environment, and now he can truly enjoy the good moments knowing he has beaten some difficult ones.”

Asked about his scouting network, he added: “We believe in a methodology and a style of football that makes our work in the scouting department much easier.

“I prefer my team to be watching 200 players instead of 2000. I think in terms of what we did last summer – we are extremely happy.

“We consider ourselves lucky because we didn’t just sign talented players, we signed great guys, amazing people for the dressing room who arrived and respected the traditions of the club."

Grab a coffee and settle back....🙄

Football fans are fickle, remember people wanting Orta out after barely a year in job. Sometimes people just have to be given time in the job to prove their talent and the players he signed at first probably did look **** but that was because of their manager being crap whereas Bielsa has utilised their talents

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Football fans are fickle, remember people wanting Orta out after barely a year in job. Sometimes people just have to be given time in the job to prove their talent and the players he signed at first probably did look **** but that was because of their manager being crap whereas Bielsa has utilised their talents
    Orta brought in Llorente, Koch, Raphinha, Rodrigo, Bamford, Tyler Roberts, harrison, Costa, Barry Douglas. And I think Meslier, Casilla, poveda too. Reasonably decent lot.

Can't argue with that!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Orta brought in Llorente, Koch, Raphinha, Rodrigo, Bamford, Tyler Roberts, harrison, Costa, Barry Douglas. And I think Meslier, Casilla, poveda too. Reasonably decent lot.
    In his first season as DoF (2017/18), Orta "brought in" (all on his own, given the merry-go-round of managers at the time), Bellusci, Antonsson, Shaugnessy, Murphy, Peackock Farrell, Pearce, Buoy, Denton, Stevens, Lassogga, Dalby, Anita, Cameron, Borthwick-Jackson, Ideguchi, Forshaw, Jansson, Saiz, Roberts, Alioski, Sacko, De Bock, Klich, Cibicki, Grot, Ekuban, Halme, Wiedwald, Gomes. Thirty players, of whom 4 (Jansson, Saiz, Alioski and Klich) have made any significant contribution to the 1st team, the majority never having played for that hallowed team.

Once Bielsa arrived a year later, things improved (Bamford, Harrison and a couple of others), but we were still able to introduce such gems as Bogusz, Izzy Brown, Baker, O'Kane, Casilla.

Of those you mention, all but Bamford, Meslier and Harrison have arrived in the last 12 months (Llorente, Koch, Raphinha, Rodrigo), or have been insignificant in 1st team contribution (this season or previously). Hardly indicative of a DoF or a scouting operation that is generating a creditable hit rate. (and to refer to post #3, just how long does a DoF need to "settle in?)

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Can't argue with that!
    Yes you can, and not very hard to find the ammunition to do so, just need to be objective.

"Orta – with the help of Bielsa – has taken Leeds from the middle of the Championship to the top half of the Premier League while Bamford is currently reflecting on a 17-goal season in the top flight."

Which imbecile writes this drivel? Orta couldn't take a sh1t without assistance and he most certainly did NOT take this club from Champuonship to Premier League. Laughable, simply laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Full article & pics.
    https://onefootball.com/en/news/excl...ielsa-33117718

Orta though, is kept humble by those around him at Leeds – and not least by the local postman, who delivers some harsh realities on a weekly basis no matter the recent on-pitch upward curve - Keep that critique coming Mr WTF.

So Orta says “I’ve fallen in love with Leeds,” and follows on with “I knew their history and tradition from the outside, but without being here you can never truly understand the magnitude of this club.

“I feel very proud to have worked with some big clubs in the past.

“For example Sevilla, who completely changed my career, and then Real Valladolid, Elche, Zenit St Petersburg – but I’ve fallen in love with Leeds and the passion here.

“You can feel everything you do with the fans – in a good and bad way. I receive letters of complaint every week, even now, but I love that level of determination to improve. Consistency is the most difficult thing to achieve in football and we’ve had two brilliant seasons in a row.

“When coming into the Premier League, the numbers can be scary when you look at how often promoted teams face relegation again. But we’ve tried to build a foundation around sustainability, which has helped us reach new levels.

“More importantly we’ve succeeded with our own style, with hard work and graft.”

Orta was often seen as a source of frustration for the club’s supporters in his early days.

Similarly, striker and 2018 marquee summer signing Patrick Bamford came in for criticism among the fans in the Championship for not always being as clinical as he should in front of goal.

Both, though, have now proved their doubters wrong, so to speak.

Orta – with the help of Bielsa – has taken Leeds from the middle of the Championship to the top half of the Premier League while Bamford is currently reflecting on a 17-goal season in the top flight.

“You know what? I feel really upset,” Orta joked.

“Because in the past, if something bad happened the blame would be 50 per cent Victor Orta and 50 per cent Patrick Bamford – but now I’m taking 100 per cent [of the blame].

“He [Bamford] deserves this moment because when you work hard through difficult moments, taking criticism and judgements along the way it’s not easy, but I always felt that he believed in his talent.

“I feel really happy for him, for his family, for his environment, and now he can truly enjoy the good moments knowing he has beaten some difficult ones.”

Asked about his scouting network, he added: “We believe in a methodology and a style of football that makes our work in the scouting department much easier.

“I prefer my team to be watching 200 players instead of 2000. I think in terms of what we did last summer – we are extremely happy.

“We consider ourselves lucky because we didn’t just sign talented players, we signed great guys, amazing people for the dressing room who arrived and respected the traditions of the club."
    Of course he says what he says, would you be interviewed and bad mouth the employer who pays you a kings ransom to produce the kind of abysmal results I have detailed in other posts, when in any other business he would be out on his ear?

If turkeys could vote, they wouldn't vote for Christmas (or Thanksgiving).

For many being objective is when writing things like summaries or news articles but being able to feel free to be subjective for arguments and opinions stated on Forums.

An objective claim is a statement about a factual matter,one that can be proved true or false. A subjective claim on the other hand is not a factual matter,it is an expression of belief, opinion, or personal preference ultimately a biased expression.

I certainly won't knock Orta or his role at the club as I don't know the working financial conditions imposed on him or his remits on recruitment within his time at Leeds.

But we do know he listens,as do all the clubs staff to Objective & Subjective statements which has created something special to be very proud of.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)