+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    To anyone who thinks the BBC aren't left wing, I've a bridge to sell and can recommend a football manager recently described by the BBC's highest paid employee as "excellent"
    Did this bridge cost £35-plus million quid, but will never actually be built?
    Was it designed by someone who has never designed a bridge before, got the contract without it going to tender, but is a mate of Johnson and Lumley, so that's OK?

Or is it that other fantasy bridge across some of the most dangerous waters in UK, but never mind because more mates will get more millions for the feasibility studies and planning?

Quite. As I said in another thread, Johnson's brain farts are very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Certainly the BBC has a hidden agenda - pushing LGBT and BLM issues, for example, disproportionately compared to ‘bigger’ news items (live covid).
    Many years ago it was THE beacon of impartiality in world media and was widely respected for it. Those days are long gone.
    I must have imagined all those evenings when hours were given over to government ministers and health advisers addressing the nation about the latest Covid news. All on the BBC.
    I have seen ump**** documentaries about Covid. On the BBC.
    Our local BBC evening news has a daily bulletin about the latest Covid situation with details of all the infection rates in the area.

I live in Brighton - Gay Central.
    Three of the eight households in our street are gay.
    I really cannot recall a mass of programmes pushing a gay agenda, apart from one critically-acclaimed series set in the seventies (I think, didn't watch it). Is that "pushing an agenda" or just a TV series which seems to have been quite popular?
    BLM has been a world-wide issue for many months and has been covered extensively by all the world's TV companies.
    That's what they all do - they cover NEWS. It's their job. All of them.

I lived abroad until five years ago. Now I work for a company with offices in more than 30 countries.
    Believe me, the BBC is still the most trusted news source in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Quite. As I said in another thread, Johnson's brain farts are very expensive.
    The man is an embarrassment.

My daughter works in publishing.
    She was asked to select some photos of the recent G7 summit for one of the magazines in her group.
    From all the photos submitted she was only able to find one which didn't show Johnson gurning, waving his arms around or sticking his thumbs up.
    No problems with any of the otherleaders.

As my Italian colleague said recently - "Now you know how we felt when we had Berlusconi in charge".

Quote Originally Posted by KemptownMag View Post
    Did this bridge cost £35-plus million quid, but will never actually be built?
    Was it designed by someone who has never designed a bridge before, got the contract without it going to tender, but is a mate of Johnson and Lumley, so that's OK?

Or is it that other fantasy bridge across some of the most dangerous waters in UK, but never mind because more mates will get more millions for the feasibility studies and planning?
    Aye, laughable. He's planning an 18 mile long bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland accross the Beaufort Dyke which is jam packed full of dumped wartime munitions, its the windiest place in Northwest Europe with some of the stormiest seas.

That said, its very possible - bigger bridges have been built elsewhere and if we were in the Victorian era, I'd believe it but this is this mutant speaking. Couldn't get a bridge built across the Thames.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Aye, laughable. He's planning an 18 mile long bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland accross the Beaufort Dyke which is jam packed full of dumped wartime munitions, its the windiest place in Northwest Europe with some of the stormiest seas.

That said, its very possible - bigger bridges have been built elsewhere and if we were in the Victorian era, I'd believe it but this is this mutant speaking. Couldn't get a bridge built across the Thames.
    Wasn’t it you who was criticizing Boris for screwing the Unionists the other day? Now he has a plan to (physically) make stronger ties of NI with the rest of the Union you don’t like it either!!
    I get it that you don't like the man but no-one is ever right, or wrong, all the time.

Wasn’t it you who was criticizing Boris for screwing the Unionists the other day? Now he has a plan to (physically) make stronger ties of NI with the rest of the Union you don’t like it either!!
    I get it that you don't like the man but no-one is ever right, or wrong, all the time.
    Don't get it wrong TT. I'd love to see the bridge and stronger ties for the union. Just don't like daft promises being made that we all know won't happen - theres a track record of it outta Boris. I gave him a fair go at the beginning and for me he has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Don't get it wrong TT. I'd love to see the bridge and stronger ties for the union. Just don't like daft promises being made that we all know won't happen - theres a track record of it outta Boris. I gave him a fair go at the beginning and for me he has disappointed.
    I think his major job was done once he got us out of Europe. He did that very well after the shambles that May left behind.
    He’s certainly got his faults but, for me, noone else has shown yet that they could do better. That is down to Corbyn who heavily weakened the Opposition - something that isn’t healthy for the country.

I think his major job was done once he got us out of Europe. He did that very well after the shambles that May left behind.
    He’s certainly got his faults but, for me, noone else has shown yet that they could do better. That is down to Corbyn who heavily weakened the Opposition - something that isn’t healthy for the country.
    You are right - theres not a great deal of choice around for leaders and he did the European job well and to be fair no one comes out of COVID smelling of roses. If he delivered on half of what he promises and was a bit more honest I may think differently. I do find him amusing and charismatic but by god, is that what we need right now?

I also echo the thoughts on the original post regarding the BBC - its as anti Britain a voice as there is and has been that way for years.

The only way has got to be up, surely?

Didn't Bore-arce get it done the same way as he got elected. By telling lies, making promises with no intention of keeping them, signing official agreements with the E.U., and then welching.

I'll only say one thing about Bore-arces modesty. He would blush a deep red if ever he was caught telling the truth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)