+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This game is boring the pants off me

This game is boring the pants off me

Are the so called BBC experts watching a different game to me ? This game is not living up to the expectation level after all the hype this week. What is happening with the flair players that grace the worlds finest league, week in week out ? Is Southgate coaching the flair out of them ? It looks that way to me.The ball has gone backwards as much as it’s gone forwards.Croatia are quite happy to let England stroke the ball about as much as they want, because they’re not in any danger. I hope it changes for everyone’s sake.

Once Modric susses this game out we are f*cked.

Modern football guys, all about possession and doesn't matter whether you are going forwards or backwards. only 2 shots from each team on target in 90 minutes, in fact only 16 shots in total in the match and just 2 corners.

Don't expect to be entertained much in this Tournament by any team.

Southgate has players at his disposal from clubs who have achieved major honours this season-Premier League winners, Champions League winners. Does that not tell you he has good players to choose from ? These players are skilful and talented, so why wasn’t this on display today ? If you are a winner, confidence comes automatically. And the best they can muster is 2 shots on target all afternoon. Had I paid decent money to attend this game, and all that contributes to the day out, I would have felt somewhat let down. You can bet that a fair percentage of those who were there today, are not regulars at any football club.. You could spot that just by looking at the crowd, when the camera man was as bored as we all were. As stated on here numerous times, England have the players, but safety first tactics ,won’t win you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Southgate has players at his disposal from clubs who have achieved major honours this season-Premier League winners, Champions League winners. Does that not tell you he has good players to choose from ? These players are skilful and talented, so why wasn’t this on display today ?
    It was for 15 minutes, unfortunately matches are 90 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Southgate has players at his disposal from clubs who have achieved major honours this season-Premier League winners, Champions League winners. Does that not tell you he has good players to choose from ? These players are skilful and talented, so why wasn’t this on display today ? If you are a winner, confidence comes automatically. And the best they can muster is 2 shots on target all afternoon. Had I paid decent money to attend this game, and all that contributes to the day out, I would have felt somewhat let down. You can bet that a fair percentage of those who were there today, are not regulars at any football club.. You could spot that just by looking at the crowd, when the camera man was as bored as we all were. As stated on here numerous times, England have the players, but safety first tactics ,won’t win you anything.
    The result was? All that matters as far as the England management is concerned and it matters not what the media et al think ---3 points in the bag is what is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The result was? All that matters as far as the England management is concerned and it matters not what the media et al think ---3 points in the bag is what is important.
    A better team would have beat us with those tactics of sitting back at 1-0.Croatia are not the team they used to be.They were recently thrashed 6-0 by Spain.With the talent at his disposal Southgate should have walked that game by 3 or 4 goals.
    We will fold the first time we come up against stiffer opposition just as in the 2018 World Cup funnily enough.Even when we had a favourable draw we could not even get to the final.

All a football team can do is beat what's in front of you.

Onwards and forwards to the Jocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    A better team would have beat us with those tactics of sitting back at 1-0.Croatia are not the team they used to be.They were recently thrashed 6-0 by Spain.With the talent at his disposal Southgate should have walked that game by 3 or 4 goals.
    We will fold the first time we come up against stiffer opposition just as in the 2018 World Cup funnily enough.Even when we had a favourable draw we could not even get to the final.
    That is just conjecture because nothing is certain in football.
    "...would have beat us........." change it to "may have beaten us" and I will agree, however, if it was an absolute certainlty the bookies would be cleaning up every game.
    I do agree about not getting to finals though, the last one being 1966 and not once since then in 26 attempts. I am not expecting anything to change this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That is just conjecture because nothing is certain in football.
    "...would have beat us........." change it to "may have beaten us" and I will agree, however, if it was an absolute certainlty the bookies would be cleaning up every game.
    I do agree about not getting to finals though, the last one being 1966 and not once since then in 26 attempts. I am not expecting anything to change this year.
    in football terms it is about as certain as you can get Sub.Has been for the last 55 years.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)