+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Seasons Fixtures [2021-22]

Next Seasons Fixtures [2021-22]

Does anyone know when the fixtures are released for next season?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-07-2021 at 02:48 PM.

usually in July

On this day 30 years ago we were awaiting a fixture list which would throw up a trip to Old Trafford on the opening day, with the next away game at Stamford Bridge.

Imagine being told then that 30 years later Notts would be four levels below Brentford, two levels below Morecambe, Fleetwood, Burton, Accrington and Cheltienham, wouldn't have taken part in the most recent FA Cup, played in front of a virtually empty stadium for all but one league game and would be knocked out of the only cup competition they took part in by Hornchurch.

The only sane explanation you could have made for that scenario was that the club would go bust and would have to start all over again from the very bottom of the pyramid and that almost every Notts fan had defected to support another club.

Some decent fixtures, Grimsby, Southend, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Stockport and either Torquay or Hartlepool next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    usually in July

i guessed that, but I was wondering if someone had the actual date.

Quote Originally Posted by BudBundy View Post
    Contain your excitement tiger.

This is the National League, they don't do dates or organise things. Stuff just happens randomly and it's left to Ollie Bayliss on Twitter to try and find out what's going on weeks after you'd have expected something to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by BudBundy View Post
    Nothing announced yet (I guess we still need to finish this season next Saturday). Did find this…

Vanarama National League Key Dates

Start Date: Saturday 21st August 2021
    End Date: Saturday 21st May 2022
    Play-offs: Wednesday 25th May 2022 through to Sunday 5th June 2022 (Actual Dates TBC)

Christmas Schedule

Sunday 26th December 2021
    Tuesday 28th December 2021 (Bank Holiday)
    Sunday 2nd January 2022 – Clubs will have the ability to move fixtures to Saturday 1st January 2022 or Monday 3rd January 2022 (Bank Holidays)

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Nothing announced yet (I guess we still need to finish this season next Saturday). Did find this…

Vanarama National League Key Dates

Start Date: Saturday 21st August 2021
    End Date: Saturday 21st May 2022
    Play-offs: Wednesday 25th May 2022 through to Sunday 5th June 2022 (Actual Dates TBC)

Christmas Schedule

Sunday 26th December 2021
    Tuesday 28th December 2021 (Bank Holiday)
    Sunday 2nd January 2022 – Clubs will have the ability to move fixtures to Saturday 1st January 2022 or Monday 3rd January 2022 (Bank Holidays)
    Season finishes Sunday.

I also think the NL will need to decide on how they get the NL back to 24 teams, so essentially who do they promote to replace Macclesfield? What will happen to Dover? None of which should matter in terms of the date fixtures are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Season finishes Sunday.

I also think the NL will need to decide on how they get the NL back to 24 teams, so essentially who do they promote to replace Macclesfield? What will happen to Dover? None of which should matter in terms of the date fixtures are released.
    I think it’s gonna be a 23 team league next season with 3 going down and 4 coming up to make it 24 teams for 22-23. (Copyright Ollie Bayliss)

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think it’s gonna be a 23 team league next season with 3 going down and 4 coming up to make it 24 teams for 22-23. (Copyright Ollie Bayliss)
    I’d heard that too - I think it’s in an F A document of some sort, though I can’t remember exactly what.

Big problems will arise with the likes of Dover if restrictions on attendances aren’t fully lifted. Half way through last season, they decided they couldn’t continue with no revenue from spectators, I don’t know what they’ll decide if revenue is severely restricted by a 25% cap on capacity. At the moment they’re arranging pre-season friendlies, which seems to be evidence of an intention to start playing again, but this could change quickly and it’s possible that we may be seeing that peculiar word “expunged” being used again. They start the season with a 12 point deduction, which severely reduces their chances of avoiding relegation in any case.

And Dover may not be the only ones. Kings Lynn for one were seriously considering pulling out before they decided to carry on. All credit to them for that decision but they might have to consider the same issue again if they are still facing reduced spectator revenue in August.

I think we have to keep our fingers crossed that the virus subsides again and grounds can be filled up to capacity again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast