+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boos Ring Out Today - Taking The Knee

Well said Al. We live in a Liberal dictatorship. “Everyone must have a voice as long as it’s the ones we say can have a voice”.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Well said Al. We live in a Liberal dictatorship. “Everyone must have a voice as long as it’s the ones we say can have a voice”.

Even Priti Patel who is doing a good job calls taking the knee - gesture politics - so well done her. Mings hits back but hey - he’s a complete tool and shows just how crap England are for that big lump to be in the side.

Noticed Scotland did not take the knee yesterday so well done them! Me thinks Scotland will be pressured into taking the knee on Friday along with England. If they do take the knee after not doing so yesterday - what a complete mockery it makes of the whole thing!

The whole thing is pathetic, one of the reasons that I haven’t watched any of the Euros.

Scotland already confirmed they will be taking the knee on Friday, not sure how your opinion on Mings' ability as a player is relevant to him voicing his opinion which like you he is entitled to do. I don't like it either but respect his right to do it as an individual, I feel players should take a different position in support of equality in order to sever the connection with BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Scotland already confirmed they will be taking the knee on Friday, not sure how your opinion on Mings' ability as a player is relevant to him voicing his opinion which like you he is entitled to do. I don't like it either but respect his right to do it as an individual, I feel players should take a different position in support of equality in order to sever the connection with BLM.

Evening WCV. Mings has every right to take the knee but should equally respect those who disapprove by booing! He or others can’t have their cake and eat it!

Absolutely pathetic that Scotland will take the knee but yesterday they chose not to do so! Is this some kind of pressure? Southgate has received stick too - he should have just said
    if players want to take the knee then that’s fine and equally those who choose to boo that’s up to them! Southgate has effectively distanced himself from those who disapprove which was not smart! He’s a useless manager anyway and achieved nothing managing at club level!

Not seen any other European sides take the knee and this country is the most tolerant to every individual whatever they may be or stand for!

As Patel said - it’s gesture politics and worse - it’s doing more harm than good. There are so many other ways of getting the message across to be united against racism!

My view also is players should be banned from going on social media! Yes some players will get racial comments which is disgraceful but nobody will get 100% comments about how fantastic they are which is what they want. How does Katie Price feel on social media to receive obscene comments about her adorable son Harvey? How do socialites or models feel when they receive obscene comments which are s exist!

How does the lineswoman Sian Massey feel in the Premier League when hundreds of supporters are singing - get your t its out for the lads? Probably far worse than a black player receiving abuse who is most likely on 100 times what she earns for doing the line!!!

But hey tut tut - some individuals feel so hard done by!
    Last edited by baggieal; 15-06-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Even Priti Patel who is doing a good job calls taking the knee - gesture politics - so well done her. Mings hits back but hey - he’s a complete tool and shows just how crap England are for that big lump to be in the side.

Noticed Scotland did not take the knee yesterday so well done them! Me thinks Scotland will be pressured into taking the knee on Friday along with England. If they do take the knee after not doing so yesterday - what a complete mockery it makes of the whole thing!
    Priti Patel doing a 'good job'

Nobody does more 'gesture politics' than this woman.

She should have resigned many times over for some of the things she has done, just like most of the cabinet.

Its unfortunate we have to put up with politicians like these.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

My view also is players should be banned from going on social media! Yes some players will get racial comments which is disgraceful but nobody will get 100% comments about how fantastic they are which is what they want. How does Katie Price feel on social media to receive obscene comments about her adorable son Harvey? How do socialites or models feel when they receive obscene comments which are s exist!

How does the lineswoman Sian Massey feel in the Premier League when hundreds of supporters are singing - get your t its out for the lads? Probably far worse than a black player receiving abuse who is most likely on 100 times what she earns for doing the line!!!

But hey tut tut - some individuals feel so hard done by!
    Come off it Al, anyone with half a brain knows that when they post anything on social media they are opening themselves up to criticism as well as support. It tends to self moderate when neanderthals post hateful comments anyway. Katie Price is an interesting one, to me she seems to crave attention and is prepared to suffer the disgusting comments on her son in order to satisfy her need to be relevant. She's a tough cookie and takes no sh1t which I admire her for.

Is Mings really disrespecting those that boo by saying he doesn't agree with them or just expressing his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Come off it Al, anyone with half a brain knows that when they post anything on social media they are opening themselves up to criticism as well as support. It tends to self moderate when neanderthals post hateful comments anyway. Katie Price is an interesting one, to me she seems to crave attention and is prepared to suffer the disgusting comments on her son in order to satisfy her need to be relevant. She's a tough cookie and takes no sh1t which I admire her for.

Is Mings really disrespecting those that boo by saying he doesn't agree with them or just expressing his opinion.

That’s my point WCV - players should be banned from social media as it’s a distraction and as mentioned - players don’t like the disgusting few comments they receive. That was my point if you open yourself up to Social
    Media you have to accept the bad. I am sure some gays get some disgusting comments but hey - if you can’t take it then don’t go on it!

Mings really should do the same as what Southgate should have done. The smart and diplomatic response - I want to take the knee so respect my view! If some disagree with taking the knee or boo - then that’s their call!

Many won’t agree with taking the knee but would perhaps respect it more if the reply was - do whatever you are happy doing. To say all those who boo are uneducated or racist is a shocking comment. Whilst I don’t like supporters who boo our own players who are poor - for God sake it’s their right as they have paid good money. Every person is different!

Personally, I would prefer it if players didn't take the knee for reasons that I have previously stated, but if they wish to they have every right to do so. On the other side of the coin, if a player doesn't want to take the knee he also has the right not to do so. A whole team having to take the knee because that is the instruction issued just isn't democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Priti Patel doing a 'good job'

Nobody does more 'gesture politics' than this woman.

She should have resigned many times over for some of the things she has done, just like most of the cabinet.

Its unfortunate we have to put up with politicians like these.
    He's said it several times but given absolutely no information as to why she's doing a good job. Let me guess though, he's 'entitled to his opinion'.

The same woman who tried to use foreign aid to give to the Israeli military. The same woman who thinks British workers are the laziest about (any genius can see the contradiction between that and Brexit) and doesn't understand that many workers rely on benefits despite being in work. Yeah, she's lovely she is. And then there's the bullying.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)