+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - GB News Launched Today

OT - GB News Launched Today

Sky Channel 515.
    A project by the brilliant Andrew Neil.
    This channel is very anti woke and is likely to shape future politics.
    Worth a watch 🤷🏻*♂️

Avoid the news like the plague these days , nowt but negativity .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    One of GB News' mantra is to air "good news" stories as well as bad. I've been looking forward to the launch of this channel for a while. Sadly, so far it is beset with technical problems. Loss of sound, wrong cameras, etc, etc.

Only day 2 so possibly just teething problems. But it needs to up its "off screen" game or it won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A few technical issues when I watched it this morning. Compared with BBC News it all seemed a bit Heath Robinson. However, content was good; definitely a bit more direct and not afraid to discuss issues (they were debating taking the knee this morning). Interesting to see the presenters that have moved from the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    One of GB News' mantra is to air "good news" stories as well as bad. I've been looking forward to the launch of this channel for a while. Sadly, so far it is beset with technical problems. Loss of sound, wrong cameras, etc, etc.

Only day 2 so possibly just teething problems. But it needs to up its "off screen" game or it won't last long.
    Yep.
    Also the set is dark and gloomy which IMO needs a face lift.
    But for us that shout at the other news channels (esp BBC and Channel 4) for not telling it how it is - then GB is likely to change how many of us see the world.

Steph Peacock MP on Twitter praising the GB channel this morning.
    So it’s not ‘Facist News’ as some on the far left have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yep.
    Also the set is dark and gloomy which IMO needs a face lift.
    But for us that shout at the other news channels (esp BBC and Channel 4) for not telling it how it is - then GB is likely to change how many of us see the world.

Steph Peacock MP on Twitter praising the GB channel this morning.
    So it’s not ‘Facist News’ as some on the far left have suggested.
    I agree. The opening set yesterday when Andrew Neil launched the station reminded me of those videos Al Qaeda used to post from an Afghan cave. It was terrible!

As you say for those of us with a centre right, anti-woke, view of the world I do hope it ups it's game as it's sorely needed in my opinion in order to counter balance Ch 4 and the beeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I agree. The opening set yesterday when Andrew Neil launched the station reminded me of those videos Al Qaeda used to post from an Afghan cave. It was terrible!

As you say for those of us with a centre right, anti-woke, view of the world I do hope it ups it's game as it's sorely needed in my opinion in order to counter balance Ch 4 and the beeb.
    I hope it’s not centre right.
    But it’s likely to be perceived that way as most news channels are left wing - including the BBC.
    Which is something during my lifetime I never thought Id say.
    Very much supported Thatcher in the strike.
    And then swung to the left including being anti Brexit.
    The BBC have always supported the opposing side on major issues as far as I’m concerned.