+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pickford's kicking.

Thumbs up Pickford's kicking.

Pickford had me $hitting bricks on occasions yesterday, his kicking was horrible, but not one word from the media darlings.

Pope would have been crucified. The lad is well better off having a break and hopefully enjoying his jollies.

For Everton, Pickford is a dodgy keeper, not as dodgy as some, but dodgy nevertheless. For England he's never made a serious error, I have no problem with him as England's No1, and he saved our Kieran from having egg all over his face as well, as the country's top left-back dropped a fecking great big bo11ock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pickford had me $hitting bricks on occasions yesterday, his kicking was horrible, but not one word from the media darlings...
    I'd suggest a dose of immodium Beds kid, if your regularly crapping bricks like that. You really need to sort that out actually.

Pickford had me $hitting bricks on occasions yesterday, his kicking was horrible, but not one word from the media darlings.

Pope would have been crucified. The lad is well better off having a break and hopefully enjoying his jollies.
    His kicking was poor BT , personally I’d rather have one of the other two in between the sticks , but what do we know eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    His kicking was poor BT , personally I’d rather have one of the other two in between the sticks , but what do we know eh ?
    The Pope knee knack saved Southgate from a very difficult decision IMHO.

Strange how some have gone from "it makes no difference how a keeper kicks, it doesn't matter --he is there to keep the ball out of the net" when talking about Popey but now it is a subject for debate that Pickford's kicking really matters ---even though he kept a clean sheet. Football fans eh?

The Pope knee knack saved Southgate from a very difficult decision IMHO.
    No, I don't think so BT, Pickford is Gareth's No 1, he plays every time, first name on the team-sheet, there is no decision to make, Gareth doesn't even have to think about it, Pickford plays if he's fit, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Strange how some have gone from "it makes no difference how a keeper kicks, it doesn't matter --he is there to keep the ball out of the net" when talking about Popey but now it is a subject for debate that Pickford's kicking really matters ---even though he kept a clean sheet. Football fans eh?
    I think
    People are on it sub because the only feasible reason they can offer for not picking our boy is distribution of the ball , so when Gareth’s favourite delivers a very similar display or no different to Pope we’re all on it .
    Personally pickfords a decent keeper is he any better than Pope - nope in fact going back to your statement I’d rather have him in goal to try and stop the ball going in our net than have great feet.

Looking at some of the balls we played on Sunday in our own 18 yard box to mings and stones and Walker , we’ll get caught out eventually tip - tap in the final 6-15 yards of the pitch doesn’t work for me it’s an accident waiting to happen - pickford puts us under pressure with his so called distribution of the ball in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think
    People are on it sub because the only feasible reason they can offer for not picking our boy is distribution of the ball , so when Gareth’s favourite delivers a very similar display or no different to Pope we’re all on it .
    Personally pickfords a decent keeper is he any better than Pope - nope in fact going back to your statement I’d rather have him in goal to try and stop the ball going in our net than have great feet.

Looking at some of the balls we played on Sunday in our own 18 yard box to mings and stones and Walker , we’ll get caught out eventually tip - tap in the final 6-15 yards of the pitch doesn’t work for me it’s an accident waiting to happen - pickford puts us under pressure with his so called distribution of the ball in those situations.
    army --Pickford is playing to instructions from the management team who seem to want to play in this way ---why? I don't know because, as you say, it's an accident waiting to happen, however, he is doing what he is told and it is immaterial whether or not he is better or worse than Nick Pope because Nick is injured and is England's number 2 in any case.

Pickford has played in 31 England matches and we have won 19 drawn 5 and lost 8 and I don't honestly think that we have the best defence in the world!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)