+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proudest you have been of the mighty?

Proudest you have been of the mighty?

A lot will say deefiant season and why not......but I like to think boys of a certain vintage, 50 to 60 year aulds who still go to the games makes me quite chuffed/proud.

No had much back in the way of success but resisted the dark side when they were in full pomp.

A couple of times when we were truly awful as well....mid nineties and mid noughties.

I do like looking about at Dens and seeing old faces sometimes now with their own grandchildren.

Being a Dundee fan has been tough. My old man took me to Dens when I was barely able to walk, just after the League win. I was at the 10-2 game against QOS and the Milan semi so either of these, had I been less interested in the seagulls and sleeping would have been contenders. Cologne in the Uefa, the League cup tie against the Arabs and also the 4-3 at the dump. This year's promotion and the helicopter Dumbarton day would also rank.

I can't be proud of a club that's basically been a basket case for 75% or more of the time I've supported it.

However I am proud of myself and every good Dee that stuck by them through some really dreadful times. We deserve a medal or even more; we know we'll never even be thanked but we don't care and keep following.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Being a Dundee fan has been tough. My old man took me to Dens when I was barely able to walk, just after the League win. I was at the 10-2 game against QOS and the Milan semi so either of these, had I been less interested in the seagulls and sleeping would have been contenders. Cologne in the Uefa, the League cup tie against the Arabs and also the 4-3 at the dump. This year's promotion and the helicopter Dumbarton day would also rank.
    Same was at the 10-2 game when Gillie scored 7 , but the best I felt about my team was after the comeback against Cologne

Just wee things for me.
    Deefiant season for sure.
    Taking 2000 plus to italy
    Taking 2500 plus for a friendly in London on a skale night.
    East Stirling away we my dad
    Mccann goal at Perth in semi.
    No saw much success but still loyal dees all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    A lot will say deefiant season and why not......but I like to think boys of a certain vintage, 50 to 60 year aulds who still go to the games makes me quite chuffed/proud.

No had much back in the way of success but resisted the dark side when they were in full pomp.

A couple of times when we were truly awful as well....mid nineties and mid noughties.

I do like looking about at Dens and seeing old faces sometimes now with their own grandchildren.
    3-2 win in cup replay at Ibrox around 1984, we stood about 10 foot tall.

2-1 v the ****e 1987 Skol cup

1-0 v ICT in hampden semi

2-0 v the ****e away, Irvine and Grady 1999

But the most proud for me was probably winning 1-0 at pittodrie against the champions Aberdeen in the second leg league cup QF in 1980.
    Last edited by hmac; 14-06-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I can't be proud of a club that's basically been a basket case for 75% or more of the time I've supported it.

However I am proud of myself and every good Dee that stuck by them through some really dreadful times. We deserve a medal or even more; we know we'll never even be thanked but we don't care and keep following.
    I’m the opposite of this. I’m proud of Dundee Football
    Club whenever I see a bairn in a Dee top, or a sticker on a car, or a badge on a window.

Never needed thanks to be a Dundee fan, thank **** my family have always been Dee’s.

The defiant season was a once in a lifetime effort ,as momentum grew never felt like we would get beat.
    Dumbarton title clincher ,Dens was bursting and the whole build up to the game was brilliant.
    Parkhead …2 nil down early on and somehow went in at HT 3-2 up through Stevie Frail !!!
    Derby at the dump ,free kick towards the allotments…..FFS dinna let Shannon take it….bedlam at the segregation…..!!!!

Relegating the DABs.

End thread.

Reception team got 1980 of final.

And the Dundee chant at that game that started in corner of stand and went right round the ground.

Admin 2 reaction........I didn't think fans would rally again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)