+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Solihull Appoint Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We were not in the relagation places when he was appointed.
    I've got exactly zero interest in re-litigating what happened in 2019 ad nauseum. If you want to know what I think by all means scroll through my old posts on the matter, I'm done repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We were not in the relagation places when he was appointed.
    The BBC at the time stated:

"Ardley takes over with Notts 23rd in League Two and without a victory in six league games, but the club have not confirmed the length of his contract."

But I always thought like uysapie that we had the comfort of a point or at least goal difference from the relegation zone.

Either way we were complete dog poo all season from start to finish and it was ages ago. Loads has happened since including two play off campaigns in the NL.

3rd time lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    A league he might never have seen if he hadn't taken the job at Notts.
    A league we might never have seen either, had we only appointed someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    A league we might never have seen if we hadn't had the need to appoint someone(s) else.

It's all subjective, it's all opinions, it's all educated guesswork. And above all it's in the past. Thank god.

One thing we do all know was that season was a complete sh!tshow from start to finish and resulted in relegation.

Exactly this. Some of the respect the point nonsense at the end of that relegation season was pitiful when a win would have been a complete game changer for our season.

He's a manager that needs to be at a club punching above their weight where the fans are happy with a negative performance and look to grab a win with one of their few chances.

He was never the right man for Notts despite clearly being a decent bloke. credit to the owners for giving him the time they did but I much prefer the style of play I have witnessed under IB, we actually set up first and foremost to win a game of football.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A league we might never have seen if we hadn't had the need to appoint someone(s) else.

It's all subjective, it's all opinions, it's all educated guesswork. And above all it's in the past. Thank god.

One thing we do all know was that season was a complete sh!tshow from start to finish and resulted in relegation.
    We appointed Ardley, we ended up in non league. Nothing 'subjective' in that statement.

We appointed Ardley, we ended up in non league. Nothing 'subjective' in that statement.

Looking at that table you can see just what an amazing job Sol Campbell did. Macclesfield were in more of a mess than us on and off the field.

Ouch that makes painful viewing 18 games down, 28 to go.

And looking at the top, I went to the MK Dons away game and we outplayed them for much of it.
    Who was it again that didn't like Kewell?
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 16-06-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Ouch that makes painful viewing 18 games down, 28 to go.

And looking at the top, I went to the MK Dons away game and we outplayed them for much of it.
    Who was it again that didn't like Kewell?
    Alan Hardy or more accurately he liked him in August of that year but didn't in November lol.

Also strong rumours a good chunk of the dressing room weren't too enamoured with him either.

No of course there isn't.

Most of the subjective parts preceed his appointment, and of course the classic who is most to blame for the relegation. I'm sure you agree we don't need to go over that old ground again and all very subjective Gump with strong differing viewpoints that are unlikely to change much.

Oh look we were in fact in the relegation zone when he was appointed , well fancy that

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast