+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Solihull Appoint Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Relegation isn’t caused by points acquired in 26 games, it’s points from 46, just find it astonishing you blame it on him not the catastrophic recruitment in the summer, the losing and probably drinking culture that seemed to have made it into the club under Nolan, Kewell had called it out that they were awful, he got the bullet and Ardley had to pick up the pieces, was he great, no, was it all his fault, 100% no.
    But Ardley had a 7 point start on the club that finished one space above us, and stayed up
    Another thing, what about the problems at Macclesfield, they were not even getting paid, so one could say even bigger off field issues than notts

Ardley had to pick up the pieces, was he great, no, was it all his fault, 100% no.
    But you have said it was 0% Ardley’s fault. That is just as ridiculous as anyone saying it was 100% his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Notts County will never move on, until we are out of this hole of a league
    Hardy job was appointing managers, and making sure they are paid, which they were unlike macclesfield. ( who despite being unpaid, , and 7 points behind us when NA arrived stayed up - this shows NA incompetence, and you can not blame Hardy for that ) . The manager is totally responsible for matters on the field , if this was not the case, why have managers at all, when the chairman could just pick the team
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But you have said it was 0% Ardley’s fault. That is just as ridiculous as anyone saying it was 100% his fault.
    Ok elite instead of trying to pick up my comments of hardy being 100% at blame which I’m still not far off still thinking, then ur 100s of bickering posts that have bored people to death why don’t you give an honest assessment of that season?

Managers make the difference between success and failure. See what Cotterill did for us in the Munto season when we were still fighting for 3rd place before he arrived, see what Lloyd did to us when we had one of the very best group of players we've ever had and ended up crashing down 29 places.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Notts County will never move on, until we are out of this hole of a league
    Hardy job was appointing managers, and making sure they are paid, which they were unlike macclesfield. ( who despite being unpaid, , and 7 points behind us when NA arrived stayed up - this shows NA incompetence, and you can not blame Hardy for that ) . The manager is totally responsible for matters on the field , if this was not the case, why have managers at all, when the chairman could just pick the team
    Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Managers make the difference between success and failure. See what Cotterill did for us in the Munto season when we were still fighting for 3rd place before he arrived, see what Lloyd did to us when we had one of the very best group of players we've ever had and ended up crashing down 29 places.
    Yeah but Steve Cotterill had a team of which at the very least had 5 or so players that should have being playing L1 or above, Ardley had probably 4 players that maybe could play L2 mid table. Cotterill had Hughes, Davies, schmeichel (championship level), Bish, Ravenhall(L1) and then good pros, it’s not comparable.

Yeah but Steve Cotterill had a team of which at the very least had 5 or so players that should have being playing L1 or above, Ardley had probably 4 players that maybe could play L2 mid table. Cotterill had Hughes, Davies, schmeichel (championship level), Bish, Ravenhall(L1) and then good pros, it’s not comparable.
    There are polarised opinions about Ardley and the relegation which will never be resolved ( mine included). Is it time to agree to disagree and finally put this to bed?

Let's all look forward to a new difficult season and get behind the team, it's what we do as supporters.

Put it to bed? No chance, it’s a coping mechanism for some.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    There are polarised opinions about Ardley and the relegation which will never be resolved ( mine included). Is it time to agree to disagree and finally put this to bed?

Let's all look forward to a new difficult season and get behind the team, it's what we do as supporters.
    We’re talking about the most disastrous season in the club’s history - one in which we had three managers, ump**** players and one increasingly unhinged owner. It’s going to be debated until the end times, and understandably so.

The only thing I’ll add here is that there’s plenty of blame to go around for that season and I don’t think anyone at the club can say they weren’t culpable for our relegation. I’d pin the least blame on Kewell of the three managers, the most on Ardley, who had ample time to save the season but failed miserably. But Nolan also deserves a lot of criticism for that dreadful squad and collection of bad apples he bequeathed his successors (Richard Duffy!). I just hope we never get into such a mess ever again.

I’m 100% certain you can’t blame any one person 100% for that season.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We’re talking about the most disastrous season in the club’s history - one in which we had three managers, ump**** players and one increasingly unhinged owner. It’s going to be debated until the end times, and understandably so.

The only thing I’ll add here is that there’s plenty of blame to go around for that season and I don’t think anyone at the club can say they weren’t culpable for our relegation. I’d pin the least blame on Kewell of the three managers, the most on Ardley, who had ample time to save the season but failed miserably. But Nolan also deserves a lot of criticism for that dreadful squad and collection of bad apples he bequeathed his successors (Richard Duffy!). I just hope we never get into such a mess ever again.
    I've heard some horror stories of how Duffy and his crew treated NA and how Stead basically got Kewell sacked

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast