+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scotland vs. Czech Republic / Happy Birthday Callum McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Only took one Czech player to pit them right in the Schick.
    I think Scotland played well for the most part. Probably had more of the play & better goal chances - oh dear, sounds a bit familiar, eh?

Undone by two very high quality finishes.

Good to see that the Scots still have their abiding love of comedy goalkeeping. The second Czech goal was priceless.

How many ex Notts players at the Euros?

Grealish, McGregor, Schemichael?

Anymore I’ve missed?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    How many ex Notts players at the Euros?

Grealish, McGregor, Schemichael?

Anymore I’ve missed?
    Disappointed to see there's no Bajner. No party.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Good to see that the Scots still have their abiding love of comedy goalkeeping. The second Czech goal was priceless.
    Frank Haffey, allegedly, the instigator of comic Scottish goalkeeping when he let in 9 against England at Wembley emigrated to Australia a few years after the game. I do hope it is true but when interviewed years after he had lived in Australia his first question to the Scottish interviewer was “Is it safe for me to come home yet?”

Talking of comedy goal keeping who can forget the goal conceded at Hampden by the late great Ray Clemence against Kenny Dalgleish where the ball dribbled through his legs into the goal. Only hope that there are no similar mistakes by either goal keeper on Friday and may the best team win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12