+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make a good decision and get Ashworth back ?

Make a good decision and get Ashworth back ?

I’ve spoken about this a few times

Thought he was excellent with us, did a fantastic job with England and seems to be doing well at the other Albion too

Maybe get Ashworth back, I don’t think it would cost that much in the grand scheme of things

We need to think out the box and get a football man.
    Nigel Quashie making a name for self with his coaching school.
    Keith Downing has just left England u 23s.
    Sharmer, mad as hatter, but a clever man.
    Big Sam, job would suit him, lots of contacts.
    Last edited by soulman101; 14-06-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I’ve spoken about this a few times

Thought he was excellent with us, did a fantastic job with England and seems to be doing well at the other Albion too

Maybe get Ashworth back, I don’t think it would cost that much in the grand scheme of things
    Why on earth would he want to come back here?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Why on earth would he want to come back here?
    His son plays for u23s

Ashworth won't leave Brighton anytime soon.

Allardyce as Director of Football would be a good shout. He can obviously spot a player. But he will probably be in the running for another Prem job in the winter whoever is near the bottom of the league and he'll earn more there as a staying up bonus than he ever will as a DoF.

All of the others are coaches only I think, correct me if I'm wrong. We need someone who can negotiate contracts and transfer fees too. Someone with contacts too.

Steve Walsh would be a good shout. He was at Leicester when they signed Marhez and Vardy. He's just been shown the door at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Ashworth won't leave Brighton anytime soon.

Allardyce as Director of Football would be a good shout. He can obviously spot a player. But he will probably be in the running for another Prem job in the winter whoever is near the bottom of the league and he'll earn more there as a staying up bonus than he ever will as a DoF.

All of the others are coaches only I think, correct me if I'm wrong. We need someone who can negotiate contracts and transfer fees too. Someone with contacts too.

Steve Walsh would be a good shout. He was at Leicester when they signed Marhez and Vardy. He's just been shown the door at Everton.
    Good shout Steve Walsh

We need a hitman in the Far East before we even think about a replacement for Luke Drowning!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We need a hitman in the Far East before we even think about a replacement for Luke Drowning!

Steve Walsh is a good shout

Cool

Crowdfunding, anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)