+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Have Taken Over The Euros!

Women Have Taken Over The Euros!

Appallingly naff commentary, stating the obvious, riven with cliches, never knowing when to shut up!

The ITV coverage in particular is dreadful, the silly bint running the show during the Scotland match and the platinum stone face offering her “Noddy to Big Ears” opinion was about as dismal as I’ve ever witnessed.

I’ve taken to watching the next match on mute, the woman commentating on the Poland match is awful.

Come back John Motson, even Hugh Johns was better than this drivel.

Couldn't agree more its often said that women who analyse the mens game is like someone who plays crazy golf commenting on The Open

I’m not sorry that I have no interest whatsoever in the Euros, I haven’t watched a single minute of it. I have given my opinion on female commentators many times, I wouldn’t mind if they were any good. Where are the pundits from non-league football? Women’s football is no better than non-league standard so why should they get the pundit jobs? Tokenism, of course.

Christ I would sooner listen to Andy Townsend on about the charnces on the grarse.
    Another part of the modern world where people are employed because of equality, nothing to do with merit.
    I am thinking of muting it.
    Shut the f uck up you silly bitch.

If tokenism wasn’t the rule of our times that tw@t Clinton Morrison would never be given a job in the media, the bloke is a moron and by the sound of him, never went to school.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    If tokenism wasn’t the rule of our times that tw@t Clinton Morrison would never be given a job in the media, the bloke is a moron and by the sound of him, never went to school.
    Mr “Innit”.

A total f u c k I n g a r s e 🤡

The problem is that, at the present moment whatever is felt as an injustice or unfairness has to be resolved by extremes. Not only are there as many female pundits in football but they are sometimes in the majority over the men. As I say, extremes. Take cricket as another example. Ask the question, how on earth can a female advise an England batsman how to play someone of the pace of a Holding, Lillee, Thompson etc? David Lloyd can as he has actually faced them. Gower and Botham can but they've been ditched for these women. These aren't ***ist remarks, it's just common sense. In the majority of sports the men's and women's games are very different, so let those who have done it, comment on it.

Why do those that run the media organisations think that they have the right to lecture the rest of the population on what is the right way to behave and what is not? It’s disgraceful that these organisations can decide that the best people for a given job shouldn’t have it because some token quota has to be fulfilled?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Why do those that run the media organisations think that they have the right to lecture the rest of the population on what is the right way to behave and what is not? It’s disgraceful that these organisations can decide that the best people for a given job shouldn’t have it because some token quota has to be fulfilled?
    First item on this clip, David Lloyd having his nuts rearranged by Jeff Thompson 😳

The women are facing “dollies” in comparison to this.

https://youtu.be/UhQ0UXIsSlA

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Couldn't agree more its often said that women who analyse the mens game is like someone who plays crazy golf commenting on The Open
    love that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)