+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Religion

There can be no answer to this, yet there has to be one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What baffles me and always has done is that there is no end to space. How can that be? There has to be an end but what's beyond that? More space, but what's beyond that?
    We go to school and are taught things that we take for granted without question.
    That there is a beginning and end and a reason to everything.
    The logical answer is that there isn't.
    Like Mick says everything could always been here and always will be.
    Our universe consists of billions of galaxies each with billions of stars.
    It would take you 100,000 years to travel across our galaxy if you travelled at the speed of light. If there are billions of stars and galaxies it's perfectly reasonable to assume there could be billions of other universes too.
    If God built the earth in only six days why did he wait another four and a half billion years before he put any people on it?
    Where did the Dinosaurs go when they died or even Fred Flintstone?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    We go to school and are taught things that we take for granted without question.
    That there is a beginning and end and a reason to everything.
    The logical answer is that there isn't.
    Like Mick says everything could always been here and always will be.
    Our universe consists of billions of galaxies each with billions of stars.
    It would take you 100,000 years to travel across our galaxy if you travelled at the speed of light. If there are billions of stars and galaxies it's perfectly reasonable to assume there could be billions of other universes too.
    If God built the earth in only six days why did he wait another four and a half billion years before he put any people on it?
    Where did the Dinosaurs go when they died or even Fred Flintstone?
    It’s hard to believe that “something” hasn’t always been in existence if indeed existence actually exists ( if that makes sense? )

We only think we exist because there are others of our type to interact with.

Imagine having your memory wipe and then being dropped on your own on Mars and waking up there totally alone.

How would you make sense of your own being?

I’ve often thought about the few unfortunate people who are born both deaf and blind, how do you even start to evaluate anything?

Just think about that for a minute, total deafness and total blindness with touch being your only sense.

Frightening isn’t it!?

I think, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s hard to believe that “something” hasn’t always been in existence if indeed existence actually exists ( if that makes sense? )

We only think we exist because there are others of our type to interact with.

Imagine having your memory wipe and then being dropped on your own on Mars and waking up there totally alone.

How would you make sense of your own being?

I’ve often thought about the few unfortunate people who are born both deaf and blind, how do you even start to evaluate anything?

Just think about that for a minute, total deafness and total blindness with touch being your only sense.

Frightening isn’t it!?

Frightening with Lai being the owner! He’s certainly a deaf c unt and blind too when it comes to football!! Wish this mother f ucker would be dropped on Mars!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I’ll pose this question Boingy, if you don’t believe in evolution then how was the supreme being that created our universe created?
    He never had a beginning and he never has an end. We only know things in terms of a beginning and an end. Something we will probably never get to understand with our limited comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He never had a beginning and he never has an end. We only know things in terms of a beginning and an end. Something we will probably never get to understand with our limited comprehension.
    Agree boingy buddy. There are things that are, and will remain mysteries.

It defies logic doesn't it, but not faith.

Religion itself is a manmade thing and is hugely divisive but if it didn't exist there would be something else to follow - football & it's tribalism is a good example. What I'll never be able to fathom is why babies are born with illnesses that shorten their life expectancy when they are pure & innocent - that's a big problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    It defies logic doesn't it, but not faith.

Religion itself is a manmade thing and is hugely divisive but if it didn't exist there would be something else to follow - football & it's tribalism is a good example. What I'll never be able to fathom is why babies are born with illnesses that shorten their life expectancy when they are pure & innocent - that's a big problem for me.
    The word “sin” literally means “missing the mark” which we all do. Children have inherited it genetically from their parents. Because we are imperfect or “sinners” we are prone to have all sorts of inherited traits/ weaknesses, so any of us can suffer all sorts of things. It’s the price we pay.

Aren’t we all just living in a matrix? We could all just be in some sort of simulation or being controlled like puppets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)