+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Euro’s Format.

The Euro’s Format.

I really like this idea of spreading the games across the continent, it’s really added another dimension and if full stadia had been allowed it’d have been even better.

World Cup in one country of course but for the Euros this is a much better set up in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I really like this idea of spreading the games across the continent, it’s really added another dimension and if full stadia had been allowed it’d have been even better.

World Cup in one country of course but for the Euros this is a much better set up in my opinion.
    Esp when some countries play all group games at home, and the majority of countries don’t… 🤔🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Esp when some countries play all group games at home, and the majority of countries don’t… 🤔🙄
    Maybe if Sweden had done decent stadia they’d have been asked to host a game or two!

They could play all the matches in Timbuktu, for all I care.

The format works better than it would have given the times we're in. In normal times it would be a nause for those who like to attend one host country for a number of games. In normal times this would be a logistical nightmare for regular England followers were we not fortunate enough to be hosting a number of games.

Not wishing to upset Thomas unduly but my god.......Sweden were absolute dog s h I t.

How have they become so bad so quickly.

They spent most of the match hoofing the ball clear.

Usually a pleasure to watch them at tournaments but they’re the worst side I’ve seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Not wishing to upset Thomas unduly but my god.......Sweden were absolute dog s h I t.

How have they become so bad so quickly.

They spent most of the match hoofing the ball clear.

Usually a pleasure to watch them at tournaments but they’re the worst side I’ve seen so far.
    A perfect Pulis performance! 😎

And, we could’ve scored twice (cleared off the line to hit the post, and missed open goal)… 😳

Tbh, Spain away for us often looks like this, the only difference being that it didn’t end 0-4 or 0-3 this time.
    Last edited by SwedishBaggie; 15-06-2021 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Theres no need for that Tommy Swede lol, even though yes it does give us an edge playing at Wemberley.

This is a weird tournament though where some teams get home advantage, and some teams don't. Ive never seen this before in a footy tournament, so could it be the way forward in future Euro's I wonder.

I agree it works very well and gives everybody a chance of getting to see a game, also given the games played at Wembley and the excuse that the champs league final could t be played their because of our restrictions on travel now looks like a nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I agree it works very well and gives everybody a chance of getting to see a game, also given the games played at Wembley and the excuse that the champs league final could t be played their because of our restrictions on travel now looks like a nonsense.
    The Champions League Final couldn't be played at Wembley because the playoffs were already scheduled for that weekend.

Still daft it was played abroad between two teams from the same country during a global pandemic though.

Given reduced spectator numbers the game could have been held in most stadiums with a capacity of 25,000 +.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)