+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Is the moderator fair?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the moderator fair?

Can't see a vote option but Swale has always been fair in the 11 years I've been on here. I've been banned before but you need to take personal responsibility for your actions, they are yours and yours alone whatever provocation you receive. I think people should post what they want but if they go too fair or are ruining the board then Swale has no choice but to act.

Far.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Can't see a vote option but Swale has always been fair in the 11 years I've been on here. I've been banned before but you need to take personal responsibility for your actions, they are yours and yours alone whatever provocation you receive. I think people should post what they want but if they go too fair or are ruining the board then Swale has no choice but to act.
    Very well put.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Darn! Got me bang to rights. And if it wasn't for those meddling percentages I'd have gotten away with it too!
    Jampie said he had cast two votes, so I think the percentages are skewed by being allowed to vote for more than one option. I haven't voted, but it allows me to tick all 5 options.

I am new around here. I was a mod on a software forum for several years and I am quite active on a motorbike forum here in NZ. The motorbike forum seems somewhat similar in that some of the characters can have valuable input in to some of the on topic topics but seem to lose themselves when they go off topic and show some really negative traits that would result in a kicking if they had that attitude down at the Astoria. There seem to be a handful of those types on NCM.

The forum can be the problem by allowing or even encouraging off topic threads. While great to just chin wag with people they do tend to provide too many opportunities for those people to bring the same arguments in to a new thread and kill it. Options are to ban off topic threads which means we all lose out on banter that can amuse and be a godsend in these times or you just ban those particular users, three month ban first and then permanent. You are too soft on them and as had been said several times of late they are dragging this place down.

I have not voted to see if we can get the figure down to 100%. Isn't that how Boris got in?

I think yes, generally but swifter action required to stop personal abuse and threats of violence. Straight red, month ban. I wonder if there should be a daily limit on number of posts that can be made? It would reduce the bickering that ruins every thread.

My opinion:

If, and when there is a ban imposed, I will be very disappointed if only one side of this feud is sentenced.

The two sides are equally culpable.......One by bad language,and aggression. The other by stealth and (a word we used to use in

the playground at school)...being "smarmy". Yes it's in the dictionary...and fits perfectly. #mission

Well that's definitely progress as all involved are indeed culpable and contribute to varying degrees. There is no "one instigator" there never has been.

I don't know whether the moderator has run the poll just to get a general flavour of how NCM feels. Or whether it's to amend his approach going forward with next season in mind. Either way surely any warnings/bans on whatever approach the moderator decides to take (it's his prerogative after all in his role) have to be from this point forward or following up he results of the poll? Not retrospective as the goalposts will have been moved and approach amended.

At the very least the results will give a real flavour of how the NCM users feel overall. Which can't be a bad thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    My opinion:

If, and when there is a ban imposed, I will be very disappointed if only one side of this feud is sentenced.

The two sides are equally culpable.......One by bad language,and aggression. The other by stealth and (a word we used to use in

the playground at school)...being "smarmy". Yes it's in the dictionary...and fits perfectly. #mission
    Nailed it..!...
    Although for smarmy I believeve passive aggressive was a favoured technique by some

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    For Notts fans, like me, who live along way from Nottingham I enjoy this site as it keeps me in touch with events at the club and fellow supporters’ opinions. Swale does the unenviable moderating role and I would rather have someone, like Swale, who tries to give all of us the benefit of any doubt and only exercises his powers, rarely, when common sense fails on the part of the contributor who is committing a sanctionable offence. A bit of self discipline on all our parts no doubt helps the moderator and ensures the continued survival of a forum that, more often than not, provides the basis for interesting debate.
    Totally agree.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast