+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Is the moderator fair?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is the moderator fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I am new around here. I was a mod on a software forum for several years and I am quite active on a motorbike forum here in NZ. The motorbike forum seems somewhat similar in that some of the characters can have valuable input in to some of the on topic topics but seem to lose themselves when they go off topic and show some really negative traits that would result in a kicking if they had that attitude down at the Astoria. There seem to be a handful of those types on NCM.

The forum can be the problem by allowing or even encouraging off topic threads. While great to just chin wag with people they do tend to provide too many opportunities for those people to bring the same arguments in to a new thread and kill it. Options are to ban off topic threads which means we all lose out on banter that can amuse and be a godsend in these times or you just ban those particular users, three month ban first and then permanent. You are too soft on them and as had been said several times of late they are dragging this place down.

I have not voted to see if we can get the figure down to 100%. Isn't that how Boris got in?
    Where abouts in NZ are you?

Swale is FAIR ... but not firm enough. Too many final warnings - not enough action.

I visit a lots of other football messageboards and they all have their share of bigots and loudmouthed trolls - people who are intent on spoiling it for the majority.

The difference is they get stomped on pretty quickly by the moderator(s).

With over 50 votes cast it looks very comprehensive and the message board has spoken.

The moderator is fair to all posters but people would like it if he was stricter.

That's what I fully expected and agree with on both counts.

Good poll Swale.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Where abouts in NZ are you?
    The Paris of the south, AKA Mosgiel.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    With over 50 votes cast it looks very comprehensive and the message board has spoken.

The moderator is fair to all posters but people would like it if he was stricter.

That's what I fully expected and agree with on both counts.

Good poll Swale.
    Says the man who lied about getting a warning from Swales when he didnt...
    Remember you were sent one in private so you said.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Says the man who lied about getting a warning from Swales when he didnt...
    Remember you were sent one in private so you said.
    Pedro. One warning for this post. NO MORE. Please don't reply or message me.

Laddo gloats and goads and sucks up to the mod yet again, Pedro bites and gets a warning. Same old ****.

Laddo did reign it in during Swale's hiatus, now that Swale is back, Laddo has been emboldened once more. The result of this poll will probably make him unbearable. Why don't you [Swale] just give him your password and let him ban everybody who dares to disagree with him and have done with it. It's clear he sees himself as the engine driver of this forum, might as well make it official

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Laddo gloats and goads and sucks up to the mod yet again, Pedro bites and gets a warning. Same old ****.

Laddo did reign it in during Swale's hiatus, now that Swale is back, Laddo has been emboldened once more. The result of this poll will probably make him unbearable. Why don't you [Swale] just give him your password and let him ban everybody who dares to disagree with him and have done with it. It's clear he sees himself as the engine driver of this forum, might as well make it official
    Exactly what I was thinking, but didn't say it because I'm apparently on the opposing side.

You've openly said it, cher has hinted at it.

If Swale doesn't listen to you two, then there is no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Agreed. As usual very succinctly put by UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I am new around here. I was a mod on a software forum for several years and I am quite active on a motorbike forum here in NZ. The motorbike forum seems somewhat similar in that some of the characters can have valuable input in to some of the on topic topics but seem to lose themselves when they go off topic and show some really negative traits that would result in a kicking if they had that attitude down at the Astoria. There seem to be a handful of those types on NCM.

The forum can be the problem by allowing or even encouraging off topic threads. While great to just chin wag with people they do tend to provide too many opportunities for those people to bring the same arguments in to a new thread and kill it. Options are to ban off topic threads which means we all lose out on banter that can amuse and be a godsend in these times or you just ban those particular users, three month ban first and then permanent. You are too soft on them and as had been said several times of late they are dragging this place down.

I have not voted to see if we can get the figure down to 100%. Isn't that how Boris got in?
    We did chin wag ten years or so ago but the clever r'sess and bully boys drove the chin waggers away and the board as never been the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast