+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Is the moderator fair?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is the moderator fair?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    We did chin wag ten years or so ago but the clever r'sess and bully boys drove the chin waggers away and the board as never been the same.
    Rather a rose tinted view in my opinion Smiffy. There was definitely some good chin wagging back then, but there was also a rather unpleasant racist element on here that went unchecked (if you want names I'll provide them privately). I've always thought that a messageboard without argument is a dead messageboard, but those arguments have to be within the rules.

That's why Swale's role is so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Pedro. One warning for this post. NO MORE. Please don't reply or message me.
    Why would you give me a warning for telling the truth.
    He posted about the poll and in my eyes his opinion is biased because he lies about getting warnings when he hasnt.No wonder he think the poll is fair..
    I've given you my opinion but no vote as I'm on a mobile.
    You know full well what I'm saying is true as we have spoken about this and you confirmed his lie.
    I think you need to revoke my warning.
    If you're banning me why are you doing it for the truth.its not baiting , what I've mentioned is fact and you know this as you were part of of the original discussion...
    Remember bias not bias or whatever the motto is...
    So just to confirm.laddo said he had been warned by you in private in replies to me and elite.
    We asked you and you said he has never been warned in private..
    So does that make laddo biased about the poll as hes never received a warning untill the oger day if true, and confirms hes a liar...
    Ban me for yhd truth if you like but I think ig makes a mockery of your moderating and the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Rather a rose tinted view in my opinion Smiffy. There was definitely some good chin wagging back then, but there was also a rather unpleasant racist element on here that went unchecked (if you want names I'll provide them privately). I've always thought that a messageboard without argument is a dead messageboard, but those arguments have to be within the rules.

That's why Swale's role is so difficult.
    Yes there were issues (limited to a small number of posters) but I seem to remember there was a strong reaction from the majority of board members. The difference between then and now is if there was no football to talk about then we generally had some good topics of conversation and the camaraderie was at times biblical! Now if there is nothing football it becomes a slanging match between three or four posters.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes there were issues (limited to a small number of posters) but I seem to remember there was a strong reaction from the majority of board members. The difference between then and now is if there was no football to talk about then we generally had some good topics of conversation and the camaraderie was at times biblical! Now if there is nothing football it becomes a slanging match between three or four posters.
    So back then it was "limited to a small number of posters", nowadays it's a "slanging match between three or four posters".

As the French might say, plus ça change!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So back then it was "limited to a small number of posters", nowadays it's a "slanging match between three or four posters".

As the French might say, plus ça change!
    No it doesn't change. The only difference between then and now is it used to be a few among many (and many topics) now it is a few regurgitating the same base argument and they take over everything it seems. Of course the old argument of "Don't look if you don't like" is valid but then what is the point of logging in?
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 16-06-2021 at 09:44 PM.

As for the mod? I haven't really had a run in with him but there have been occasions where I have thought he has his favourites (remember the good old clique days!! )
    But generally I would support him and consider he does a good job keeping the place running.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Why would you give me a warning for telling the truth.
    He posted about the poll and in my eyes his opinion is biased because he lies about getting warnings when he hasnt.No wonder he think the poll is fair..
    I've given you my opinion but no vote as I'm on a mobile.
    You know full well what I'm saying is true as we have spoken about this and you confirmed his lie.
    I think you need to revoke my warning.
    If you're banning me why are you doing it for the truth.its not baiting , what I've mentioned is fact and you know this as you were part of of the original discussion...
    Remember bias not bias or whatever the motto is...
    So just to confirm.laddo said he had been warned by you in private in replies to me and elite.
    We asked you and you said he has never been warned in private..
    So does that make laddo biased about the poll as hes never received a warning untill the oger day if true, and confirms hes a liar...
    Ban me for yhd truth if you like but I think ig makes a mockery of your moderating and the poll
    You are, in my opinion, deliberately evading the point rather than missing it. The point is that none of us gives a monkey's about who said what etc. etc. and you keep on dragging up the same old tedious arguments and dragging me into them too.

I don't have favourites. The poll has shown what people think.

Enjoy your break.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Laddo gloats and goads and sucks up to the mod yet again, Pedro bites and gets a warning. Same old ****.

Laddo did reign it in during Swale's hiatus, now that Swale is back, Laddo has been emboldened once more. The result of this poll will probably make him unbearable. Why don't you [Swale] just give him your password and let him ban everybody who dares to disagree with him and have done with it. It's clear he sees himself as the engine driver of this forum, might as well make it official
    I don't know laddo. I have no connection with laddo. I am not influenced by laddo.

Please try not to make stuff up, it isn't like you and it doesn't suit you.

Both Pedro and laddo agreed to stop the nonsense on pain of ban. Pedro broke the agreement and is now temporarily banned.

Simples.

The results are in and they speak clearly.

51 individuals have voted. 90% believe I am fair. and a similar majority think I am not strict enough.

I shall attempt to rectify the latter starting this evening. Thank you to all who chose to provide feedback, it is much appreciated.

The poll is now closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345