+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Lady on BBC Radio 2 this morning, almost in tears because cases were falling. But it's not over she said, 130 people died yesterday. Being the BBC no one pointed out to her that 130 is but a fraction of the total number of people who die every day, and most of those 130 died after testing positive for Covid, not from it.

In Bakewell Derbyshire yesterday, Mrs S saw a book of drawings and sketches by Eric Ravilious in the window of an antiquarian bookshop. She was prepared to shell out the £25 asking price and was about to enter the shop when I told her I wasn't going in with her and pointed to a hand-written sign on the door. It said, 'Please wear a face mask ....it's not over yet Boris'. Mrs S took one look and said she wasn't going in either. So the virtue-signalling, smart-arse bookseller lost a £25 sale.

Very nice restaurant in Castleton in the evening, we went in, asked if they wanted us to wear masks to go to the table, and were told to please ourselves, we noticed none of the staff were wearing them so we didn't either. No one one wore one, staff or customers all night, what a joy, a totally mask free environment, eating out with grown ups again, just like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In Bakewell Derbyshire yesterday, Mrs S saw a book of drawings and sketches by Eric Ravilious in the window of an antiquarian bookshop. She was prepared to shell out the £25 asking price and was about to enter the shop when I told her I wasn't going in with her and pointed to a hand-written sign on the door. It said, 'Please wear a face mask ....it's not over yet Boris'. Mrs S took one look and said she wasn't going in either. So the virtue-signalling, smart-arse bookseller lost a £25 sale.

Very nice restaurant in Castleton in the evening, we went in, asked if they wanted us to wear masks to go to the table, and were told to please ourselves, we noticed none of the staff were wearing them so we didn't either. No one one wore one, staff or customers all night, what a joy, a totally mask free environment, eating out with grown ups again, just like the old days.
    youself or mrs Sinkov should have carried on in.....perhaps the proprietor wouldn't have cared - but that wouldn't have mattered because that charade is over, currently, anyone wearing them does so through their own volition, and anyway.....you were always perfectly within your rights not to wear a facemuzzle...we didn't (unless I wore one of my crazy collection for laughs) and other than a few runs in with the odd socopath, no problem.....At least your nosh house was better informed.

The only reason I might have gone in Norder was to ask him, if it wasn't over and he considered his shop was not a safe environment for himself or his customers, why was he still open ? Why did he not shut his shop and stay at home in splendid isolation, a self-imposed lockdown, until he decided it was all over. But I can't be arsed to be honest, I was quite content that the £25 he could have had, went to the restaurant in Castleton instead.

The only reason I might have gone in Norder was to ask him, if it wasn't over and he considered his shop was not a safe environment for himself or his customers, why was he still open ? Why did he not shut his shop and stay at home in splendid isolation, a self-imposed lockdown, until he decided it was all over. But I can't be arsed to be honest, I was quite content that the £25 he could have had, went to the restaurant in Castleton instead.
    Good call mon ami.

Been reading the official 'SAGE Summary of further modelling of easing restrictions – Roadmap Step 4 on 19th July 2021'

It's hilarious, the entire summary is predicated on the assumption that cases, hospitalisations and deaths WILL rise after July 19th. The only uncertainty is how quickly and to what extent they will rise. It was published on July 7th, by which time cases in Scotland had been falling for over a week, there was a clue there for them, but it seems they didn't notice.

They also admit to a difficulty with their models, they know how many people have been vaccinated, it's important for their modelling to also know how many people are unvaccinated, but they don't know, they haven't a clue how many people are unvaccinated, because no one knows how many people live in this banana republic of ours.

They also say that as of July 1st, 1.98m 75-79 year olds in England have been vaccinated, and as the latest ONS figures say there are only 1.94m 75-79 year olds in England, the NHS claims an 'uptake of over 100%'. FFS, you couldn't make it up.

Been reading the official 'SAGE Summary of further modelling of easing restrictions – Roadmap Step 4 on 19th July 2021'

It's hilarious, the entire summary is predicated on the assumption that cases, hospitalisations and deaths WILL rise after July 19th. The only uncertainty is how quickly and to what extent they will rise. It was published on July 7th, by which time cases in Scotland had been falling for over a week, there was a clue there for them, but it seems they didn't notice.

They also admit to a difficulty with their models, they know how many people have been vaccinated, it's important for their modelling to also know how many people are unvaccinated, but they don't know, they haven't a clue how many people are unvaccinated, because no one knows how many people live in this banana republic of ours.

They also say that as of July 1st, 1.98m 75-79 year olds in England have been vaccinated, and as the latest ONS figures say there are only 1.94m 75-79 year olds in England, the NHS claims an 'uptake of over 100%'. FFS, you couldn't make it up.
    The stats SAGE are producing have more holes in them than the wife's old cullender, but people believe them. Unbelievable sinkov!

And this is 'the science' that has been driving our response to the pandemic BT. I've been pointing out on here for well over a year now that our politicians and media are in thrall to a bunch of madmen, the Mad Scientists of Sage. Perhaps the totally unpredicted fall in cases, a fall which according to them simply could not happen, has exposed them in full public glare for the charlatans they actually are. Or maybe not, we'll see.

And this is 'the science' that has been driving our response to the pandemic BT. I've been pointing out on here for well over a year now that our politicians and media are in thrall to a bunch of madmen, the Mad Scientists of Sage. Perhaps the totally unpredicted fall in cases, a fall which according to them simply could not happen, has exposed them in full public glare for the charlatans they actually are. Or maybe not, we'll see.
    A second viewing...

Attachment 19538

Gentlemen, you have to remember that 'modelling' is so important to the SAGE scientists. They get on with their models whilst shut away somewhere being fed garbage from somewhere else jsut so that they can produce their models to predict what is going to happen.
    Wouldn't it be a good idea if they got out into the real world, got off their high horses and just get on with life as it is.
    If you are going to get it ---you will. If you take enough tests, one will eventually be positive, although that could be faulty ---who knows? Life goes on!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)