+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

https://www.theguardian.com/theobser...ronavirus-wave

"The Sage modelling sub-group notes: “All results are highly sensitive to the modelling assumptions, and extensive sensitivity analyses have been performed.” We can be certain of an exit wave, but not about its scale and duration."

Oh dear, this was published on July 17th, cases in Scotland had been falling for almost three weeks, but the Grauniad's two scientists don't seem to have noticed, far too busy working on their computer models to notice what was happening right under their noses in the real world I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    He's going to do a backturn on masks tomorrow.
    Hey up Alfie, it was 11th July you were denigrating our glorious leader and no backturn on masks yet. Tomorrow never comes does it ?

A man after your own heart BT, a free man just like you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjR...channel=GBNews

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A man after your own heart BT, a free man just like you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjR...channel=GBNews
    Another mad man - I’m not sure how he’s not free ?

Seems to be free on there busy telling everyone about how he and us are not free - non sensical to me

"No traces of Covid-19 have been found in train stations or carriages, a new study has found, as MPs say the back to work push can go ahead safely.

As part of a study by Imperial College London, places passengers regularly touch at train stations such as escalator handles, ticket machines and benches were swabbed, while hour-long air samples were taken.

Two rounds of testing were carried out at London Euston, Birmingham New Street, Liverpool Lime Street and Manchester Piccadilly station, in January and June, while tests were repeated on trains running between the stations.

Examination of the results by the university found no Covid-19 contamination of any surface, or airborne particles of the virus."

It should make the bedwetters slightly more relaxed about using the trains, but somehow I doubt it will.

Re: Bedwetters.

We played golf at Highfield GC in Chorley yesterday lunchtime, one of the fourball in front of us played the whole 18 holes wearing a facemask.

The other three did not seem to mind nor take the pi$$, we live in strange times.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Another mad man - I’m not sure how he’s not free ?

Seems to be free on there busy telling everyone about how he and us are not free - non sensical to me
    As Bobby Dylan sang back in the day army,

" Ah, my friends from the prison, they ask unto me
    "How good, how good does it feel to be free?"
    And I answer them most mysteriously
    "Are birds free from the chains of the skyway?"…

None of us are really 100% 'free' are we. We have laws, rules, regulations, obligations which we accept have to be observed, well most of us do anyway. But within those boundaries and laws we are free, more or less, to do as we please. The government, acting under emergency powers, even though that emergency has long since ceased to be, are issuing edicts which curtail my freedom, including demanding that I accept a medical intervention, which my right to refuse is guaranteed under the law, before partaking in certain activities, like watching a Burnley game in the PL for instance.

The politicians demanding this of us are proven congenital liars, the 'Science' behind it is dubious at best, look at their predictions about what would happen after July 19th for one instance, completely utterly 100% wrong. So I do not trust the people trying to restrict my freedom, on this I am 100% with Neil Oliver and our good friend The Bedlington Terrier, although I do concede that for the most part my mate BT, on politics, does post complete and utter sh1te.
    Last edited by sinkov; 02-08-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Re: Bedwetters.

We played golf at Highfield GC in Chorley yesterday lunchtime, one of the fourball in front of us played the whole 18 holes wearing a facemask.

The other three did not seem to mind nor take the pi$$, we live in strange times.
    My 2nd supermarket visit yesterday, a different one this time, since we were let loose, and again it was encouraging. I know the bedwetters are not going to give up their masks, but the the first 3 staff we saw were maskless which encouraged Mrs S, who was only not wearing one because I wasn't, she then got a bit more relaxed about it. I reckon the spilt was about 2-1 in favour of muzzles, but I was expecting to be in an overwhelming minority not wearing a mask, but I wasn't.

Can you have 'an overwhelming minority', that doesn't sound right ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 02-08-2021 at 08:43 AM.

"I'm trying not to be paranoid about this big brother government but have you checked your phone recently?
    Go to settings and scroll down the apps to "Exposure Notifications" and check it out.
    I wasn't even aware that this app had apparently been put on every smart phone in the country without owner's consent until I saw that disabling it was trending.

Let me know if it's there."

Neither me nor Mrs S can find it on our phones lusty, any more on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "I'm trying not to be paranoid about this big brother government but have you checked your phone recently?
    Go to settings and scroll down the apps to "Exposure Notifications" and check it out.
    I wasn't even aware that this app had apparently been put on every smart phone in the country without owner's consent until I saw that disabling it was trending.

Let me know if it's there."

Neither me nor Mrs S can find it on our phones lusty, any more on this ?
    Seems to be a deal with Apple and others but not sure it's on Samsungs. Is either phone an iPhone? If so it will be on there somewhere unless you've disabled accepting new apps or have some sort of firewall on your phone.

The other view is that seeing as every smart phone of any flavour can track where you've been, maybe it's only iPhones that give the option to switch it off?

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)