+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Meanwhile, the NHS is under “huge pressure” as healthcare staff battle against growing Covid-19 cases on top of the backlog of patients waiting for surgeries and other procedures."

A growing number of Covid-19 cases does not put any any pressure on the NHS at all, the vast majority of those 'cases' won't even know they've got it, and will not even be troubling their doctor, never mind the NHS.

What does put pressure on the NHS, it's obvious really, is Covid making people ill enough to require hospitalisation. The last 8 days GOV.UK figures for Covids being admitted to NHS hospitals

185, 187, 188, 177, 202, 185, 178, 171,

No growing pressure there from Covid, but the media never let the truth stand in the way of a bit of good, old fashioned scaremongering.
    But why do they do it sinkov?

The Mad Scientists of Sage convinced the government they had to lockdown BT, which has had such catastrophic consequences for business, the travel and hospitality sectors in particular, the economy, jobs, social life, NHS waiting lists, mental health etc, that they have to cover their backs by lying about the utility of lockdowns. Government has accepted the advice of the Mad Scientists and acted upon it, so they have to indulge in back-covering as well. Why the media go along with it I have no idea, none whatsoever, but go along with it they do, not only are they complicit, some of the media go to extraordinary lengths to fuel the hysteria.

As to why, beats me mon ami, it's the same question I used to ask 59 and OC, why do you go along with it. I never got an answer off either of them, they just took their bats home.

The Mad Scientists of Sage convinced the government they had to lockdown BT, which has had such catastrophic consequences for business, the travel and hospitality sectors in particular, the economy, jobs, social life, NHS waiting lists, mental health etc, that they have to cover their backs by lying about the utility of lockdowns. Government has accepted the advice of the Mad Scientists and acted upon it, so they have to indulge in back-covering as well. Why the media go along with it I have no idea, none whatsoever, but go along with it they do, not only are they complicit, some of the media go to extraordinary lengths to fuel the hysteria.

As to why, beats me mon ami, it's the same question I used to ask 59 and OC, why do you go along with it. I never got an answer off either of them, they just took their bats home.
    SAGE have ruined thousands of holidays, kicked the Portuguese tourist industry in the cojones for absolutely nothing. How much longer will WE allow this madness to continue?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/new...edgdhp&pc=U531

Remoaners, Wokes, Snowflakes, Kneebenders, announcements of imminent signings that haven’t actually signed yet and announcements of lockdown end dates that never materialise are driving me right up the wall like a homicidal stair lift in a horror movie. Otherwise I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Remoaners, Wokes, Snowflakes, Kneebenders, announcements of imminent signings that haven’t actually signed yet and announcements of lockdown end dates that never materialise are driving me right up the wall like a homicidal stair lift in a horror movie. Otherwise I am fine.
    I believe Cltheroe are playing Radcliffe in a pre-season friendly Outwood, whether we'll be allowed to actually watch it I'm not sure, but that could be something to look forward to. Proper football.

I believe Cltheroe are playing Radcliffe in a pre-season friendly Outwood, whether we'll be allowed to actually watch it I'm not sure, but that could be something to look forward to. Proper football.
    At Clitheroe or Radcliffe sinkov? Sounds a good opportunity for a meet up if spectators allowed.

Saturday 31st July 3pm at Clitheroe mon ami. The halfwits running the country should have made their minds up by then whether we can watch football or not, and our resident Lefty, our good friend BT, might be persuaded to join us.

Saturday 31st July 3pm at Clitheroe mon ami. The halfwits running the country should have made their minds up by then whether we can watch football or not, and our resident Lefty, our good friend BT, might be persuaded to join us.
    Be a pleasure to have a pie and a pint with you two fellow miscreants. I'll see what the diary throws up after me and the missus get back from London on the 6th. I have however, pencilled it in.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)