+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Sinkov , I admit I have read the figures , however I was basing it really on locality to me , it has never been as rife as it is at the moment , not just school kids either a lot of people who shall we say we’re non believers are finally entering the fold and conceding it exists , they’re not critical I’ll admit that but it does seem to be on the rise with cases .
    I don't think that any of us denied its existence, however, we are now at a stage were tests are being handed out like jelly babies, people told to isolate but nobody seems to get any treatment for anything and nobody can confirm or tell you whether isolation gets rid of the virus so how much of it is a big con job? I still believe that you will either get it or you won't and you will either need treatment or you won't. Life goes on regardless, sadly, not for everyone! However, that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Sinkov - Johns Hoskins University data is different e.g. on the 21st it said there were 43,404 new cases
    JHU data is more accurate than ONS data and if you look at the ONS chart that claims just 33k on the same day, you'll see it has (incomplete) written by it.
    In fact all ONS data since Freedumb day has (incomplete) written by it.
    So don't be drawing any conclusions just yet amigo
    The data will vary depending on the source Lusty, and there are always delays in reporting, so the most recent figures are apt to change, but we're splitting hairs, the reality is that the current trend is down, while many in the media continue to claim cases are rising.

I always use the same source for consistency, the GOV.UK website, and as for drawing any conclusions, you will note I posted in reference to the fall in cases, ' Of course they may rise again, I don't know,'. One thing I would point out though, cases peaked in Scotland on 28th June, almost a month ago, and are still falling. Whether this will be repeated in England only time will tell, we'll see.

Sinkov , I admit I have read the figures , however I was basing it really on locality to me , it has never been as rife as it is at the moment , not just school kids either a lot of people who shall we say we’re non believers are finally entering the fold and conceding it exists , they’re not critical I’ll admit that but it does seem to be on the rise with cases .
    Army, I don't believe anything any politician, journalist or so-called scientist says about this virus. I've been lied to now too often, I just look at the government's own stats, which show cases were rising from the beginning of June until July 15th, since when they've been trending downwards. I do not for one moment think that you would attempt to mislead anyone on here, if you say cases are rising, I know it's because you truly believe they are. I'm just pointing out that the government's own stats say they are not.

There's an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'. They don't fool me any more, but Joe Public certainly seems to lap their lies up. It baffles me, I wish I knew why.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Army, I don't believe anything any politician, journalist or so-called scientist says about this virus. I've been lied to now too often, I just look at the government's own stats, which show cases were rising from the beginning of June until July 15th, since when they've been trending downwards. I do not for one moment think that you would attempt to mislead anyone on here, if you say cases are rising, I know it's because you truly believe they are. I'm just pointing out that the government's own stats say they are not.

There's an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'. They don't fool me any more, but Joe Public certainly seems to lap their lies up. It baffles me, I wish I knew why.
    Sinkov, it is the way people are conditioned these days. They ask Alexa, Cortana or whichever other computer add on features and they believe what they are told by a machine. They have lost the ability to think for themselves and when they are faced with the smallest problem they have to go seeking help ---often from one of these bloody machines. They talk to their TV remote control to do things. All makes it that much easier when someone 'in authority' tells them to do things in our increasingly 'nanny state'

out for a stroll today - met a friend, also walking his dogs....tells me about his son, been tested and came up positive, yet another convid case...has to isolate, tells me his son feels in fine fettle - not even a sniffle, and so - he (dad) has had to move out and go live at the workplace as can't risk being under the same roof....thing is, he's the local Funeral Director...so I ask him, you seen a big difference in the number of deceased during this "pandemic" ?...he says, been No Different to any other year !

I went to the local chippy yesterday for the father-in-law's lunch.

I was amazed only one person was going in at a time, the rest were stood outside waiting in single file with masks on.

I said this malarkey is not compulsory anymore, they looked at me like I was mad.

When I got back to the car I told the wife it's harder to train a bloody puppy than this lot.

Covid Zombies, conditioned to obey - it's frightening it really is.

I think you’ll find Sub I’m a free thinker who has his own opinion , just because it differs from yours and BT s doesn’t mean it’s wrong or right ,
    As for Alexa you’ve lost me there sorry , and I would imagine you’ve taken orders all your life in the armed forces even if you didn’t agree with what they were.

I think you’ll find Sub I’m a free thinker who has his own opinion , just because it differs from yours and BT s doesn’t mean it’s wrong or right ,
    As for Alexa you’ve lost me there sorry , and I would imagine you’ve taken orders all your life in the armed forces even if you didn’t agree with what they were.
    army --you and everyone else are entitled to think, say and do whatever they want, it makes no difference to me.

sinkov said "There's an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'. They don't fool me any more, but Joe Public certainly seems to lap their lies up. It baffles me, I wish I knew why."
    My response was aimed at this and certainly not specifically at you or anyone in particular. I just think that a lot of people have lost the ability to think for themselves and they are ideal pawns in whatever the current game is.
    Your last point, yes I took orders in the armed forces, I also gave quite a number too. However, this was for less than one third of my life and ended 42 years ago and I have managed to survive because, like you, I am a free thinker and not beholden to anbody!

The Daily Telegraph uncovers yet more lies.

"More than half of Covid hospitalisations are patients who only tested positive after admission, leaked data reveal.

The figures suggest vast numbers are being classed as hospitalised by Covid when they were admitted with other ailments, with the virus picked up by routine testing.

Experts said it meant the national statistics, published daily on the government website and frequently referred to by ministers, may far overstate the levels of pressures on the NHS.

The leaked data – covering all NHS trusts in England – show that, as of last Thursday, just 44 per cent of patients classed as being hospitalised with Covid had tested positive by the time they were admitted.

The majority of cases were not detected until patients underwent standard Covid tests, carried out on everyone admitted to hospital for any reason."

As Louis Heren said while foreign correspondent at the Times, "When a politician tells you something, always ask yourself 'Why is this lying b@stard lying to me?'"

Between millions of folk dumping the NHS App so they won't get pinged and half the country not using it anyway because they're giving the Government even more personal data it's no wonder the ONS stats say that infections are going down despite hospital admissions rising - nobody's reporting it any more.

The "giving your data to the Government" bit is really poignant when you look at the ZOE app data (King's College London) - a voluntary self-reporting app which says there were 62 thousand new cases on the 21st (double the ONS figure) - and given that is only the number that voluntarily give up their data (without the risk of getting pinged) it would be safe to assume that the actual number is double or treble that and rising.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)