+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Your constant reference to "lepers" is how I imagine this bollox to pan our wanderlust. Us unvaccinated will be forced to wear a bell around our necks and scream "Unclean" as we go about our business.
    Sorry BT - my missus thinks it's funny so it's become part of the vernacular in our house.
    She calls our daughter Typhoid Mary which tends to go down like a lead balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Sorry BT - my missus thinks it's funny so it's become part of the vernacular in our house.
    She calls our daughter Typhoid Mary which tends to go down like a lead balloon.
    You're alright lusty, words tend not to hurt us on here, you should have seen some of the stuff BT has called me, I don't reciprocate, I just laugh at him.

Yes,BT has a really vicious tongue on him.Woe betide anybody that crosses him.

😁😇

Still the lies come thick and fast, I don't expect the BBC's Fact Checker will have picked up on this.

"In a desperate effort to encourage people to self-isolate when pinged by the NHS Covid app or contacted by Test and Trace – even cancelling their wedding day if necessary – the Prime Minister’s official spokesman said yesterday that: “One in three people contacted either by Test and Trace or the app go on to develop coronavirus.”

There’s just one problem with this latest nugget of fear-based nudgery: it’s not true.

Test and Trace get in touch with people’s contacts and ask them to self-isolate. The proportion of those contacts who become infected is known as the secondary attack rate (SAR). Public Health England publishes the data on this SAR from Test and Trace data in its Technical Briefings, so we know what it is. The most recent estimate for the SAR of the Delta variant (in June) is that 10.3% of an infected person’s household contacts become infected (the SAR for non-household contacts is considerably lower).

How, then, can it be true that one in three – 33% – of people contacted by Test and Trace or the app go on to develop coronavirus? That’s claiming the SAR of SARS-CoV-2 is around 33%, but the Government’s own published data says it’s more like 10%.

Can the Government back up its claims, and explain why it is stating that the SAR of Covid is more than three times the figure published in its own data?"

It doesn't surprise me that the Government is lying again, it's what they've been doing for 18 months now, it does surprise me though that so many apparently sane, sensible members of the British public believe them, they hang onto every word and treat it as gospel.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Still the lies come thick and fast, I don't expect the BBC's Fact Checker will have picked up on this.

"In a desperate effort to encourage people to self-isolate when pinged by the NHS Covid app or contacted by Test and Trace – even cancelling their wedding day if necessary – the Prime Minister’s official spokesman said yesterday that: “One in three people contacted either by Test and Trace or the app go on to develop coronavirus.”

There’s just one problem with this latest nugget of fear-based nudgery: it’s not true.

Test and Trace get in touch with people’s contacts and ask them to self-isolate. The proportion of those contacts who become infected is known as the secondary attack rate (SAR). Public Health England publishes the data on this SAR from Test and Trace data in its Technical Briefings, so we know what it is. The most recent estimate for the SAR of the Delta variant (in June) is that 10.3% of an infected person’s household contacts become infected (the SAR for non-household contacts is considerably lower).

How, then, can it be true that one in three – 33% – of people contacted by Test and Trace or the app go on to develop coronavirus? That’s claiming the SAR of SARS-CoV-2 is around 33%, but the Government’s own published data says it’s more like 10%.

Can the Government back up its claims, and explain why it is stating that the SAR of Covid is more than three times the figure published in its own data?"

It doesn't surprise me that the Government is lying again, it's what they've been doing for 18 months now, it does surprise me though that so many apparently sane, sensible members of the British public believe them, they hang onto every word and treat it as gospel.

Ah well.
    Timeframe attribution. Sooner or later we're all going to get it so they might as well say 100% will die.

Timeframe attribution.
    This is exactly what I'm referring to lusty, a weird belief that they're not really lying to us. Anyone in authority who appears on telly at the moment and says that actually 2+2 = 5, I'll guarantee a YouGov poll the day after would find that 75% of the British public believed 2+2 = 5.

Timeframe attribution. Sooner or later we're all going to get it so they might as well say 100% will die.
    Actually, whether you get it or not, if they say that 100% will die then they would be correct because that would be the only truth -----we all eventually die ----100% correct ---it's not rocket science, in fact, we don't have to rely on a scientist telling us ---we just know that it will happen.

There has been no mandatory mask wearing here for a month now apart from hospitals and the new cases are around 50/day in a country of 9.85million.It is probably Viktor Orban`s fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    There has been no mandatory mask wearing here for a month now apart from hospitals and the new cases are around 50/day in a country of 9.85million.It is probably Viktor Orban`s fault.
    Reality is cases are rising in the uk , but I do feel now it’s the government s let the leash off and infect the masses as those that were higher risk etc are vaccinated and the schools are off , it’s like they almost switched a switch and said herd immunity is what we’re now doing at least 85% infection rate , the young just carry on spreading it.

I have a worrying example from a friend who’s daughters at uni , her father called at the weekend to drop something off for her and they ended up having lunch at local boozer as they sat Covid was the topic on the menu and she proceeded to point out students who had it in the same pub as they were , spreading it to all and sundry.

I think we as a country have decided we’ll hit the button and take the chance yes there will be fatalities but we need to move on now.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)