+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT GB News

Personally, I hope to see more of this. As the media should be showing disturbing things concerning the wests leader.
    However Trump was targetted, whilst Biden represents a left leaning press. Disturbing.

https://foxhole.news/2021/06/15/watc...iMtJUoDefbhnZI

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Honestly, Andy, I don’t know what you mean by the BBC and Sky have ‘just lost the plot’ and I don’t actually want any ‘spin’ or ‘slants’ with my ‘news’.

That’s the difference, imo. GBNews seems to have set out with a political aim...to deliver the news with a ‘right of centre’ - if not further - perspective. That’s completely self defeating imo.

My preference for BBC News is largely just habit and I don’t recognise your description of BBC reporting getting a ‘bit daft’ so I’m more than happy to stick with them.
    But you DO get 'spin' and 'slant' and your reluctance/refusal to listen to alternative POVs and THEN make your own mind up is a bit of a shame.

I've now soaked up maybe 12 hours of GB News and IMO its 'slant' isn't opposing Left with Right its opposing Elite with Populist which I can live with any day of the week - as part of the mix.

Referring back to the TTR comment about the channel being 'targetted', well its all part of the cut and thrust of business IMO, BUT Kopparberg's statement made me spit my porridge out with laughter in its hypocricy

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    RA your opinion that the BBC and Sky do a good job, is because of your political leanings. That in itself should tell you they don't. You're left and a bit more of centre and more than happy with them. As has been proven, the BBC were well biased on say Brexit, whilst Sky plays to sentiment more than fact. By that, take a migrant boat coming in. The camera focusses on the 2 kids in the boat and ignores the 98 males under 28 in it.
    GB news is "supposed" to give a more fact not emotion approach.
    As well as cover topics, the others steer well clear of. Before you ask, I haven't seen it yet, so will reserve arguments until I have.
    You don’t half talk some tripe, Tricky. Sky are centre left? Really? The BBC are even further to the left...MAYBE that was true once but take a look at who’s in charge now.

Remember the last election? Both the BBC and Sky regularly gave Corbyn a hard time. I don’t ever remember complaining.

You saying current News appeals to me because it reflects my centre Left (and - lol - a bit more according to you!) political leanings is nonsense as is your suggestion that ‘GBNews’ is supposed to give a ‘more fact than emotion approach’...it just appeals to your right of centre stance.

All news programmes distort reality to some extent simply in the interest of viewer interest. This is true of everything from snow and floods to demonstrations, riots and football crowds where they will always concentrate and ‘frame’ the most spectacular rather than the more usual and mundane.

Child refugees will always be more emotive but just as they possibly don’t concentrate on the adults in the boats neither do they show the dead bodies that wash up on the shores of southern mainland Europe from the boats that don’t make it. Wouldn’t do to put folks off their tea.

Tbh and as I’ve said before, I don’t want my ‘news’ to have a ‘slant’. Some ‘news’ - road accidents, plane crashes, rates of inflation, football scores, vaccine figures etc - it’s possible to be entirely objective about. Other ‘news’...the reaction to Grenfell, the refugee crisis, the disparity between rich and poor, the impact of Covid in the ‘Third World’ etc it is almost impossible to deliver without some sort of ‘humanist’ slant. Sadly that seems to be what you translate to ‘left of centre’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-06-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Oh for a news outlet that tells it like it is. Whether it be a left biased story, a right biased story or, in the majority of cases, somewhere in the middle where the truth is generally found.

Just the facts, The who, why, where and when. No slant. No jiggery pokery. No "Murdoching" stories.

I won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Oh for a news outlet that tells it like it is. Whether it be a left biased story, a right biased story or, in the majority of cases, somewhere in the middle where the truth is generally found.

Just the facts, The who, why, where and when. No slant. No jiggery pokery. No "Murdoching" stories.

I won't be holding my breath.
    I think that's my point. A balanced view isn't available from a single source, everyone has an angle

You don’t half talk some tripe, Tricky. Sky are centre left? Really? The BBC are even further to the left...MAYBE that was true once but take a look at who’s in charge now.

Remember the last election? Both the BBC and Sky regularly gave Corbyn a hard time. I don’t ever remember complaining.

You saying current News appeals to me because it reflects my centre Left (and - lol - a bit more according to you!) political leanings is nonsense as is your suggestion that ‘GBNews’ is supposed to give a ‘more fact than emotion approach’...it just appeals to your right of centre stance.

All news programmes distort reality to some extent simply in the interest of viewer interest. This is true of everything from snow and floods to demonstrations, riots and football crowds where they will always concentrate and ‘frame’ the most spectacular rather than the more usual and mundane.

Child refugees will always be more emotive but just as they possibly don’t concentrate on the adults in the boats neither do they show the dead bodies that wash up on the shores of southern mainland Europe from the boats that don’t make it. Wouldn’t do to put folks off their tea.

Tbh and as I’ve said before, I don’t want my ‘news’ to have a ‘slant’. Some ‘news’ - road accidents, plane crashes, rates of inflation, football scores, vaccine figures etc - it’s possible to be entirely objective about. Other ‘news’...the reaction to Grenfell, the refugee crisis, the disparity between rich and poor, the impact of Covid in the ‘Third World’ etc it is almost impossible to deliver without some sort of ‘humanist’ slant. Sadly that seems to be what you translate to ‘left of centre’.
    I talk tripe?
    Hang on a minute, Corbyn was battered for everything he did, or didn't do. He deserved it as well, as the country demonstrated. You still still supported him through out and dismissed anyones misgivings on him.

Again, its gone over your head. You love the BBC and feel it reflects the truth. By your own left leaning standards, is that neutral and objectionary? No it isn't. And considering the BBC is public funded, unacceptable.

As for Sky, can I ask you listen to Sky news from Australia( youtube it) and get back to me. The difference is massive.

The last paragraph.

1. You don't want any slant? (hooray), but admit the BBC is fine as it is, so carry on?
    2. FACTS- Yes I concur, shouldn't be objective, But what does happen, is certain news agencies decide to "OMIT" all the facts and only tell you the facts they want.
    Grenfell- awful/tragic/unacceptable - missed out full of illegals
    Refugee crisis- Syria was. But Pakistan/Morrocco/Sudan/Tunisia/Iraq/Iran/Vietnam waves are not refugees, but lets not mention that. Nor the fact that 85% of them are males under 28.
    You get my point.
    That is where I am hoping GB news at least talks about these things. The public are hoodwinked regularly.

I won't name names, but look it up yourself.
    Migrants arriving in Dover are covered by national press, giving the usual sob story or poor women and kids(if they find any)
    Yet public citizens videoing are being arrested for breach of the peace? and their contents being removed on social media. There is even 2 brothers who live in Dover, who have done this, have had an injunction served on them so they cannot show their videos, (taken from public).
    So what's the truth/ legality of this?
    The news is censored by certain government depts and also by the bias of certain media outlets.

This is what is wrong and what AF is banging on at you about. You may not like what is said, or its angle. But it has the right to be shown or presented.

That was my point, about a few lefty protestors, lobbying advertisers, in an attempt to get GB news taken down to suit their slant.

A channel aimed at the gammons, older white Brexit voting arses who can't handle anything that doesn't align with their warped sense of the world. Fortunately not in the majority and history shows social change happens whatever the naysayers!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    history shows social change happens whatever the naysayers!
    23rd June 2016 being one such?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I talk tripe?
    Hang on a minute, Corbyn was battered for everything he did, or didn't do. He deserved it as well, as the country demonstrated. You still still supported him through out and dismissed anyones misgivings on him.

Again, its gone over your head. You love the BBC and feel it reflects the truth. By your own left leaning standards, is that neutral and objectionary? No it isn't. And considering the BBC is public funded, unacceptable.

As for Sky, can I ask you listen to Sky news from Australia( youtube it) and get back to me. The difference is massive.

The last paragraph.

1. You don't want any slant? (hooray), but admit the BBC is fine as it is, so carry on?
    2. FACTS- Yes I concur, shouldn't be objective, But what does happen, is certain news agencies decide to "OMIT" all the facts and only tell you the facts they want.
    Grenfell- awful/tragic/unacceptable - missed out full of illegals
    Refugee crisis- Syria was. But Pakistan/Morrocco/Sudan/Tunisia/Iraq/Iran/Vietnam waves are not refugees, but lets not mention that. Nor the fact that 85% of them are males under 28.
    You get my point.
    That is where I am hoping GB news at least talks about these things. The public are hoodwinked regularly.

I won't name names, but look it up yourself.
    Migrants arriving in Dover are covered by national press, giving the usual sob story or poor women and kids(if they find any)
    Yet public citizens videoing are being arrested for breach of the peace? and their contents being removed on social media. There is even 2 brothers who live in Dover, who have done this, have had an injunction served on them so they cannot show their videos, (taken from public).
    So what's the truth/ legality of this?
    The news is censored by certain government depts and also by the bias of certain media outlets.

This is what is wrong and what AF is banging on at you about. You may not like what is said, or its angle. But it has the right to be shown or presented.

That was my point, about a few lefty protestors, lobbying advertisers, in an attempt to get GB news taken down to suit their slant.
    Utter nonsense about what I thought of Corbyn. The best thing I ever said about him was that he was probably a decent and idealistic bloke...but a lousy politician and a terrible leader...in fact I’d blame him for Labour’s current ills and the fact that we’re now stuck with Johnson and his cronies for the foreseeable.

I don’t know whether Grenfell was ‘full of illegals’ - as you so sensitively put it - or not. The point is that people died horribly and unnecessarily because of cost cutting and short cuts by builders and landlords. There is no such thing as an ‘illegal human being’ in those circumstances and the fact that that type of cladding remains in place all over the UK is a disgrace. It’s not ‘left of centre’ for me, the BBC or any one else to point that out...it’s just decent and humane.

I’m not going to get into an argument with you about the status of migrants and refugees. Your mindset is made up...to me only one word describes people who risk crossing dangerous waters in substandard vessels for some sort of better life and that word is... ‘desperate’.

Neither have I any intention of trying to get GBNews ‘taken down’ and I have never suggested it doesn’t have ‘the right’ to be shown...my choice is just not to watch it in the same way as I choose not to read the Mail, the Express or the Sun. Your choice is the exact opposite, precisely because they all reflect your views.

Utter nonsense about what I thought of Corbyn. The best thing I ever said about him was that he was probably a decent and idealistic bloke...but a lousy politician and a terrible leader...in fact I’d blame him for Labour’s current ills and the fact that we’re now stuck with Johnson and his cronies for the foreseeable.

I don’t know whether Grenfell was ‘full of illegals’ - as you so sensitively put it - or not. The point is that people died horribly and unnecessarily because of cost cutting and short cuts by builders and landlords. There is no such thing as an ‘illegal human being’ in those circumstances and the fact that that type of cladding remains in place all over the UK is a disgrace. It’s not ‘left of centre’ for me, the BBC or any one else to point that out...it’s just decent and humane.

I’m not going to get into an argument with you about the status of migrants and refugees. Your mindset is made up...to me only one word describes people who risk crossing dangerous waters in substandard vessels for some sort of better life and that word is... ‘desperate’.

Neither have I any intention of trying to get GBNews ‘taken down’ and I have never suggested it doesn’t have ‘the right’ to be shown...my choice is just not to watch it in the same way as I choose not to read the Mail, the Express or the Sun. Your choice is the exact opposite, precisely because they all reflect your views.
    Actually I concur with that.

Its about choices. But you have to be allowed that choice and make your mind up.
    Which is the very reason GB news is there. To tell you what the others do not tell you.

Let me point out your slant on my views, from your list. I actually read all papers and look up for things on line that you wouldn't have a clue happens.
    It's also a reason why terrestrial tv is dying.
    Choices and folks sick to death of being told the bollox medias spin at everyone. Give me a a video of an event from a camera phone, than any news video anytime.
    Why? Because it will be unedited and narrated over by a "BASHIR"
    That's what scares the corporates.

No hiding the truth anymore.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)