+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT GB News

Desperate, paying thousands and thousands for their travels,

Gullible not desperate comes to mind

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39802251]

‘Its about choices. But you have to be allowed that choice and make your mind up.’

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

‘Give me a a video of an event from a camera phone, than any news video anytime.
    Why? Because it will be unedited and narrated over by a "BASHIR"’.

That’s just unbelievably naive Tricky. At a most simplistic level do you really believe that your ‘camera phone man’ isn’t ever going to be selective about what s/he ‘shoots’ to back up his argument and that’s before the ‘geeks’ get to work.
    As for Bashir...you bang on about him and Savile to support your anti BBC diatribe but it means nothing. It makes no sense to judge an organisation by its two lowest common denominators while conveniently forgetting all the great news reporting that has gone on over the years.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39802298]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

‘Its about choices. But you have to be allowed that choice and make your mind up.’

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

‘Give me a a video of an event from a camera phone, than any news video anytime.
    Why? Because it will be unedited and narrated over by a "BASHIR"’.

That’s just unbelievably naive Tricky. At a most simplistic level do you really believe that your ‘camera phone man’ isn’t ever going to be selective about what s/he ‘shoots’ to back up his argument and that’s before the ‘geeks’ get to work.
    As for Bashir...you bang on about him and Savile to support your anti BBC diatribe but it means nothing. It makes no sense to judge an organisation by its two lowest common denominators while conveniently forgetting all the great news reporting that has gone on over the years.
    No my friend, it's your naivity. The two I mentioned with gagging orders, were live streaming.
    Edit that how?
    The government certainly didn't like it.
    But seeing as the figures for the invasion have surged past 5000 now, it's hardly surprising.
    Desperates, from safe countries paying thousands to criminals, to claim thousands in benefits and aid here.

So yes, I'll take that evidence of the problem over the BBC edited pictures of one woman and 2 kids, jumping off a taxi border force boat any day of the week.
    Of course the narrative of "refugees welcome here" and desperate people make beter headlines.
    But that's the UK media for you.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39802337]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

No my friend, it's your naivity. The two I mentioned with gagging orders, were live streaming.
    Edit that how?
    The government certainly didn't like it.
    But seeing as the figures for the invasion have surged past 5000 now, it's hardly surprising.
    Desperates, from safe countries paying thousands to criminals, to claim thousands in benefits and aid here.

So yes, I'll take that evidence of the problem over the BBC edited pictures of one woman and 2 kids, jumping off a taxi border force boat any day of the week.
    Of course the narrative of "refugees welcome here" and desperate people make beter headlines.
    But that's the UK media for you.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...but then one of us fell for Farage’s Brexit ‘Breaking Point’ poster back in 2016...and guess what...it wasn’t me!

You don’t get more selectively dishonest than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    23rd June 2016 being one such?
    That wasn't social change, that was political and economic.

Social change has happened and will continue to happen despite the desperate "culture wars" being stoked at the moment, those using woke as an insult merely betray their own reluctance to move forward, fortunately as a whole the majority of society changes its attitudes leaving those stuck in the past isolated with their sad futile ranting about "woke" "political correctness" and so on and so forth, the rest of us recognise the clock will not turn back.

Back on topic.

What's the problem here? If you don't like it/want it, then don't watch it. Simples.

It doesn't cost you anything. Unlike the BBC which steals its funding out the peoples pockets. I choose not to watch or pay for that either. My choice.
    Seems some people do want to watch it though. Maybe the big 2 are panicking?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...box=1623737395

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    That wasn't social change, that was political and economic.

Social change has happened and will continue to happen despite the desperate "culture wars" being stoked at the moment, those using woke as an insult merely betray their own reluctance to move forward, fortunately as a whole the majority of society changes its attitudes leaving those stuck in the past isolated with their sad futile ranting about "woke" "political correctness" and so on and so forth, the rest of us recognise the clock will not turn back.
    It was a social statement and is has, and will, lead to significant social change (both for good and bad) as well as economic and political, and that's easily referenced on the first page of internet searches, including research by LSE amongst others. So, wrong again.

I suggest if you want to be taken seriously even your view might be better received if not peppered with insults against those who don't share your views

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Back on topic.

What's the problem here? If you don't like it/want it, then don't watch it. Simples.

It doesn't cost you anything. Unlike the BBC which steals its funding out the peoples pockets. I choose not to watch or pay for that either. My choice.
    Seems some people do want to watch it though. Maybe the big 2 are panicking?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...box=1623737395
    Hmmm...I think you’ll find that was exactly my point. I don’t want to watch a ‘News’ programme with a deliberate right of centre slant...I don’t need to and I don’t intend to...try and keep up.

Farage’s poster was on topic...it demonstrates perfectly how the gullible can be taken in via the manipulative and dishonest use of technology and the media .

The ‘big 2 panicking’? I doubt it...had it not been for AF’s thread I wouldn’t have even heard of ‘GBNews’, and I think you’ll find Sky, ITV and the BBC make up a ‘big 3’. ‘Tuning’ in to a new channel is one thing...sticking with it something quite different, especially if the production values are as poor as AF suggests.

Happy viewing...sorry you’re missing so much good stuff, I’d have thought with your experience you’d have particularly enjoyed ‘Time’ on Sunday evenings. Great drama imo, and I’d have been interested to learn how realistic you, with your insight regarding the prison service, find it...but I suppose if you don’t pay the licence fee you can’t watch it. Pity.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-06-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm...I think you’ll find that was exactly my point. I don’t want to watch a ‘News’ programme with a deliberate right of centre slant...I don’t need to and I don’t intend to...try and keep up.

Farage’s poster was on topic...it demonstrates perfectly how the gullible can be taken in via the manipulative and dishonest use of technology and the media .

The ‘big 2 panicking’? I doubt it...had it not been for AF’s thread I wouldn’t have even heard of ‘GBNews’, and I think you’ll find Sky, ITV and the BBC make up a ‘big 3’. ‘Tuning’ in to a new channel is one thing...sticking with it something quite different, especially if the production values are as poor as AF suggests.

Happy viewing...sorry you’re missing so much good stuff, I’d have thought with your experience you’d have particularly enjoyed ‘Time’ on Sunday evenings. Great drama imo, and I’d have been interested to learn how realistic you, with your insight regarding the prison service, find it...but I suppose if you don’t pay the licence fee you can’t watch it. Pity.
    Yes my OP was as much about production values as anything, and they've only improved marginally over the past few days. My (actually Mrs F's) 'Head Of' friend at the BBC says some seriously well regarded production staff have been tempted to GB News and she's amazed its so bad

I'm disappointed you don't see my point that in a world of bias its good to have some balance (and to sample that bias oget that balance), and I'm (sort of) pleased there is now bias both ways, BUT I'd be a lot happier (taking MA's point a while ago) that someone would actually be even handed in reporting, and (which is more my complaint) reflect the country we live in.

NB despite my criticism of BBC, no way would I avoid paying the license. Just a point to differentiate me from some who's points might sometimes coincide with mine

Ra I can watch anything you watch for free. I just don't see it live.
    Now before you go off on one, about my selfishness of not paying for it.

Consider this.
    The BBC for example, makes programmes like Black Adder/Red Dwarf/ Dads Army, all of which I love, off the back of license payers money.

It then sells them again for profit, to other companies like UK Gold among others. It also sells them to other companies and ones it has shares in like Brit Box who show them with ADVERTS!!!!!!

Talk about having your cake and eating it.

So my loyalty has nothing to do with finance etc. It has to do with presentation and the others like the BBC and Sky do so, for profit whilst forcing their leanings on you.
    Pay for it if you want it, look for something else if you dont.
    I'll give GB news a go and see. It doesn't cost me anything and has to be watchable or it gets NO FUNDING.

Winner winner, chicken dinner

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)