+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OT GB News

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ll refer back to my comment about non-partisanship, what is this obsession you (and rA) have with right wing/left wing?

Nice to see also your reversion to hate speech, I don’t see anyone in this discussion but yourself trying to win a point by insulting people based on physical characteristics, it’s a sign of lack of confidence in your point of view.
    Really not sure what’s going on at the moment AF...have you been hacked?

Still waiting for an explanation of why I’m ‘partisan’ in comparison with good old ‘non partisan’ thoroughly objective you. How does that work...and what is this ‘obsession’ that you claim I (and Swale) have with ‘right wing/left wing’?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaat?! Rigged how many ****ing times was Farage on the BBC during the Brexit referendum when he wasn't even an elected politician? Jeez some people really are one eyed!
    Rearrange that Fail.
    How many times was he on that panel, when he was the only one campaigning for Brexit, against 3 remoaners the BBC had plucked up?
    Also, that panel has has folks from the entertainment area/broadcasting/media/ social /medical arenas, non of them MP's. So stop talking bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rearrange that Fail.
    How many times was he on that panel, when he was the only one campaigning for Brexit, against 3 remoaners the BBC had plucked up?
    Also, that panel has has folks from the entertainment area/broadcasting/media/ social /medical arenas, non of them MP's. So stop talking bollox.
    Again I would refer you to the research which proves that your perceptions are *******s!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Again I would refer you to the research which proves that your perceptions are *******s!
    Again, stop talking Bollox. BBC biased and you know it.
    Didn't work though, they still got the boot.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/was-bbc-questi...sed-on-brexit/

Again, stop talking Bollox. BBC biased and you know it.
    Didn't work though, they still got the boot.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/was-bbc-questi...sed-on-brexit/
    Decent article for once Tricky. Perhaps you need to read it more carefully before jumping to conclusions.
    Either way...you of all people accusing the BBC of bias while supporting GB News and constantly quoting from the Sun, the Express, the Mail and a collection of rabid right wing websites is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Decent article for once Tricky. Perhaps you need to read it more carefully before jumping to conclusions.
    Either way...you of all people accusing the BBC of bias while supporting GB News and constantly quoting from the Sun, the Express, the Mail and a collection of rabid right wing websites is laughable.
    Its always, rabid right wing with you RA.
    As Andy is trying to tell you. There are other stories that certain media outlets are not talking about/covering/ asking questions over.
    If you want Question time examples of rigged panels, I can go all day. But there's no point, as you wouldn't watch them anuway, as you don't want to believe it.
    But I'm going to give you one from 2014!
    Yes 2014 before Brexit etc and look closely at the panel and their responses to questions raised.
    Then ask yourself, why the public reacted the way it did. ARE WE ALL RABID RIGHT WINGERS THEN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-3-PEWbzA

Its always, rabid right wing with you RA.
    As Andy is trying to tell you. There are other stories that certain media outlets are not talking about/covering/ asking questions over.
    If you want Question time examples of rigged panels, I can go all day. But there's no point, as you wouldn't watch them anuway, as you don't want to believe it.
    But I'm going to give you one from 2014!
    Yes 2014 before Brexit etc and look closely at the panel and their responses to questions raised.
    Then ask yourself, why the public reacted the way it did. ARE WE ALL RABID RIGHT WINGERS THEN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-3-PEWbzA
    It is with most of your posts.
    But I just don’t understand your point. Was Farage treated with respect? Yes. Did Dimbleby...the only BBC employee on view...give him an equal opportunity to speak? Yes. Were most of the panellists in favour of staying in the EU? Again...yes, but the reason wasn’t bias...it was stated quite clearly in the previous article you quoted but didn’t read properly. At the time approximately 74% - probably more in 2014 - of Parliament were in favour of remaining in the EU and the QT selection of guests attempted to reflect that balance.
    Nothing sinister...no bias...nothing ‘rigged’, it’s just that at the time Farage was part of a minority which ironically is one of the secrets of his brief but enormously damaging success.
    I suppose now he’s going to have his own show on GB News that’s okay and totally unbiased in your opinion.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-07-2021 at 03:13 PM.

It is with most of your posts.
    But I just don’t understand your point. Was Farage treated with respect? Yes. Did Dimbleby...the only BBC employee on view...give him an equal opportunity to speak? Yes. Were most of the panellists in favour of staying in the EU? Again...yes, but the reason wasn’t bias...it was stated quite clearly in the previous article you quoted but didn’t read properly. At the time approximately 74% - probably more in 2014 - of Parliament were in favour of remaining in the EU and the QT selection of guests attempted to reflect that balance.
    Nothing sinister...no bias...nothing ‘rigged’, it’s just that at the time Farage was part of a minority which ironically is one of the secrets of his brief but enormously damaging success.
    I suppose now he’s going to have his own show on GB News that’s okay and totally unbiased in your opinion.
    Question time is a ****ing light entertainment programme! Its hardly serious news media FFS! I doubt whether most of the proles who voted leave, watch it in any case.

I just find it so funny the way Brexit supporters claim "the public" voted the way it did as If there was a massive majority for Brexit! When in fact there wasn't, 51,89% versus 48.11% so claiming it was "the public reacted the way it did" is utter rubbish.

Anyone swallowing the Tory misinformation spread by a press that is definitely right wing (I mean why would they fear a public service broadcaster that does its best to be impartial?) that the BBC has a left wing bias must be either stupid, or wilfully ignorant of the facts, but then in Thicky's world facts equals what he agrees with, not reality.

Really not sure what’s going on at the moment AF...have you been hacked?

Still waiting for an explanation of why I’m ‘partisan’ in comparison with good old ‘non partisan’ thoroughly objective you. How does that work...and what is this ‘obsession’ that you claim I (and Swale) have with ‘right wing/left wing’?
    rA this twice you've not read what I've written properly, (maybe deservedly so after my Kenco Cup analogy), I didn't say you WERE being partisan, (to quote Marlowe 'you merely imagined it', in response to a question from you I offered the opinion that I WASN'T/AM NOT (which I'm happy to debate)

what is this ‘obsession’ that you claim I (and Swale) have with ‘right wing/left wing’?
    You both (you more than Swale I'm afraid) use the phrase 'Right Wing' for anything that's to any degree more (small c) conservative that your own view. I just don't think its helpful (nor the equiv Left Wing epithet) as it is often accompanied (much more Swale than you, in fact not you from what I can recall) with some demeaning comment, offhand insult or intimation that such folk are feeble minded at best, closet boot boys at worst

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)