+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT GB News

OT GB News

So here was me Sunday night looking forward to a) my 23rd channel launch ( a sad hobby of mine) and b) an alternative spin on the news. Well after three days I still can’t even watch for long enough to work out if the editorial is something fresh. Dark studio (with a black anchor), low res picture (poor lass I can barely see her), echoey sound and studio sound too quiet, and sound and vision out of synch. And the websites down.

Anyone else given it a look? Having seen social media I get the idea content is good, delivery is poor, tech is abysmal

I've not seen it. I have seen quite a lot of posts on various bits of social media lauding the station's content. Those posting such tend to be right wing and/or conspeorists. They support the Tories, believe Covid is a hoax, are against the vaccine.......

The way the posts read, GBNews appears to be on the opposite extreme to the mainstream outlets they appear to despise.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I've not seen it. I have seen quite a lot of posts on various bits of social media lauding the station's content. Those posting such tend to be right wing and/or conspeorists. They support the Tories, believe Covid is a hoax, are against the vaccine.......

The way the posts read, GBNews appears to be on the opposite extreme to the mainstream outlets they appear to despise.
    I’ve not even got as far as content MA, the audio is so bad I think anyone with above average audio skills (ie a DJ…) could sort them

Just what we need...yet another ‘News’ channel!
    How much news can there be for it not to already be delivered more than adequately by the BBC, Sky and ITV?
    Just a vanity project for right of centre wannabes who can’t decide whether they want to be politicians or journalists...imo.
    Knew nothing about it...dipped in for five minutes on the basis of this thread...it managed to make Kay Burley look competent, no small achievement that...won’t be returning.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-06-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just what we need...yet another ‘News’ channel!
    How much news can there be for it not to already be delivered more than adequately by the BBC, Sky and ITV?
    Just a vanity project for right of centre wannabes who can’t decide whether they want to be politicians or journalists...imo.
    Knew nothing about it...dipped in for five minutes on the basis of this thread...it managed to make Kay Burley look competent, no small achievement that...won’t be returning.
    I think the point is that there is a slice of the population that finds MM (mainsteram media - never have understaood why 2 words get a 3 letter acronym), rightly or wrongly, to be biased and nt putting the slant on facts that they would like to hear. A bunch of Journos has seen the opportuinity to make a shedload of money providing the content those folk want to hear. Follow the money.....

I do realise that the previous paragraph sounds cynical but that is my take on the matter.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think the point is that there is a slice of the population that finds MM (mainsteram media - never have understaood why 2 words get a 3 letter acronym), rightly or wrongly, to be biased and nt putting the slant on facts that they would like to hear. A bunch of Journos has seen the opportuinity to make a shedload of money providing the content those folk want to hear. Follow the money.....

I do realise that the previous paragraph sounds cynical but that is my take on the matter.....
    Not cynical, MA...probably absolutely right...hence the popularity of newspapers such as the Mail and the Express too.

This will enrage some but doesn’t the ‘News’ cease to be the news once it has an obvious bias and slant to it?
    I suspect the likes of AF (puzzlingly) and TTR (in his more reactionary way) will dispute/scoff at this, but imo the BBC and Sky already do a good and largely impartial job.

P.S. I only don’t comment on ITV...because I can’t remember the last time I watched their news coverage.

Not cynical, MA...probably absolutely right...hence the popularity of newspapers such as the Mail and the Express too.

This will enrage some but doesn’t the ‘News’ cease to be the news once it has an obvious bias and slant to it?
    I suspect the likes of AF (puzzlingly) and TTR (in his more reactionary way) will dispute/scoff at this, but imo the BBC and Sky already do a good and largely impartial job.

P.S. I only don’t comment on ITV...because I can’t remember the last time I watched their news coverage.
    No scoffing from me regarding bias and slant but doesn't that mean that NONE of the dailies are worth reading 9on their own)?

I don't agree that BBC and Sky do an impartial job, there are some obvious areas where they have just lost the plot, but I personally can pick out the bits of impartiality and do further research to try to get a balanced take on things. GB News will help me with that but I'll still be watching/listening to more BBC than anything else. The quality is just too high to ignore.

your comment reads very much like you have decided on the spin you want from the news and aren't interested in alternative slants, which is a shame. I don't even mean GB News, ITV's 10 o'clock news is pretty good and my usual 'go to' choice when BBC reporting gets a bit daft

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No scoffing from me regarding bias and slant but doesn't that mean that NONE of the dailies are worth reading 9on their own)?

I don't agree that BBC and Sky do an impartial job, there are some obvious areas where they have just lost the plot, but I personally can pick out the bits of impartiality and do further research to try to get a balanced take on things. GB News will help me with that but I'll still be watching/listening to more BBC than anything else. The quality is just too high to ignore.

your comment reads very much like you have decided on the spin you want from the news and aren't interested in alternative slants, which is a shame. I don't even mean GB News, ITV's 10 o'clock news is pretty good and my usual 'go to' choice when BBC reporting gets a bit daft
    Honestly, Andy, I don’t know what you mean by the BBC and Sky have ‘just lost the plot’ and I don’t actually want any ‘spin’ or ‘slants’ with my ‘news’.

That’s the difference, imo. GBNews seems to have set out with a political aim...to deliver the news with a ‘right of centre’ - if not further - perspective. That’s completely self defeating imo.

My preference for BBC News is largely just habit and I don’t recognise your description of BBC reporting getting a ‘bit daft’ so I’m more than happy to stick with them.

RA your opinion that the BBC and Sky do a good job, is because of your political leanings. That in itself should tell you they don't. You're left and a bit more of centre and more than happy with them. As has been proven, the BBC were well biased on say Brexit, whilst Sky plays to sentiment more than fact. By that, take a migrant boat coming in. The camera focusses on the 2 kids in the boat and ignores the 98 males under 28 in it.
    GB news is "supposed" to give a more fact not emotion approach.
    As well as cover topics, the others steer well clear of. Before you ask, I haven't seen it yet, so will reserve arguments until I have.

Well, whatever the site stands for, it has triggered the left/woke who want to try to shut it down asap.
    They are going out their way, to troll advertisers, to withdraw funding by bombarding them with complaints.

So much for impartiality, representing all views.
    It don't half make me laugh, how the left continue to behave like the Nazis they profess to be campaigning against
    You couldn't make it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z23YHULw_g

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)