+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OT GB News

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Angela Rayner is what she is...an unmarried te enage mother from a part of the world I am very familiar with.
    She is a northern lass who speaks her mind...not always very articulately.
    Having said that, she probably has a great deal more in common with her constituents than Boris Johnson has with most of his ‘subjects’.
    She may have been brought up the hard way and have the northern vowels to support that...but she’s stuck with her kids - not easy as a 16 year old mother - and at least she knows how many children she has which wouldn’t appear to always be the case with our Eton and Oxford educated ‘is it six or seven this week’ PM.
    No argument she is more in touch with the lives of her constituents (in fact the whole human race) than Bojo, but I’m talking about perception here and for whatever reason Folk found Bojo more appealling

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You both (you more than Swale I'm afraid) use the phrase 'Right Wing' for anything that's to any degree more (small c) conservative that your own view. I just don't think its helpful (nor the equiv Left Wing epithet) as it is often accompanied (much more Swale than you, in fact not you from what I can recall) with some demeaning comment, offhand insult or intimation that such folk are feeble minded at best, closet boot boys at worst
    When a person or persons make false claims of bias which can be readily proven not to be the case and there is research which shows this conclusively. When a person or persons repeats misinformation, false tropes and expresses views in line with those that are pushed out by right wing media and commentators on a regular basis, then its kind of reasonable to assume that they are either orientated quite far to the right on the political spectrum, or rather dim in believing such stuff.
    Last edited by swaledale; 21-07-2021 at 03:37 PM.

I’ll refer back to my comment about non-partisanship, what is this obsession you (and rA) have with right wing/left wing?

Nice to see also your reversion to hate speech, I don’t see anyone in this discussion but yourself trying to win a point by insulting people based on physical characteristics, it’s a sign of lack of confidence in your point of view.
    Hate speech? What describing certain older white individuals consistently contradicting themselves and getting in a froth over nothing as "gammons". Hardly, but then your not really sure of your definitions so not surprised.

I'm not trying to win a point I'm having a laugh at stupid people, who it seems are so stupid, they don't realise how stupid they appear.

H
    No argument she is more in touch with the lives of her constituents (in fact the whole human race) than Bojo, but I’m talking about perception here and for whatever reason Folk found Bojo more appealling
    Tbf Andy...the contest wasn’t between Johnson and Rayner (or Starmer or Dobbs) it was between Johnson and a very discredited Corbyn via a campaign dominated by the lies that were told in connection with Brexit.
    Those pigeons are now coming home to roost. They have, to a large extent, been concealed so far by the Covid restrictions.
    Interesting that you use the past tense in your appraisal of Johnson’s ‘appeal’. Maybe not simply because you are referencing something that happened in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Hate speech? What describing certain older white individuals consistently contradicting themselves and getting in a froth over nothing as "gammons". Hardly, but then your not really sure of your definitions so not surprised.

I'm not trying to win a point I'm having a laugh at stupid people, who it seems are so stupid, they don't realise how stupid they appear.
    your response defines why we have division in theworld.

I found this interesting this morning. There is a few elements trying to fold this as quickly as they can,
    They scream that it is failing/awful/no one watches it etc.

Yet I think the point is either missed or evaded.
    Terestial tv is dying or dead.
    People do watch it, but not in the way wanted, in order to pay for a tv license.

Interesting I thought anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Jvemz0JUE

Like him or not. Farage now leads the ratings over Sky and BBC when he's on.
    So someones not going to be happy

https://order-order.com/2021/07/26/e...tings-victory/

your response defines why we have division in theworld.
    That must be one of the most naïve statements you ahve made and tbh you have made a few. So if we listened an respected people who make stupid statements that clearly have no basis in fact we would have no division?

Really? And this from someone who expresses the view that "there is an over representation of ethnic minorities on TV" mm I think perhaps you need to examine your own views an opinions before judging others. You do a very good job (to those unitiated) of hiding your true colours but not a good enough one.

Mind you I only come on here for a laugh so who gives a ****??

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    That must be one of the most naïve statements you ahve made and tbh you have made a few. So if we listened an respected people who make stupid statements that clearly have no basis in fact we would have no division?

Really? And this from someone who expresses the view that "there is an over representation of ethnic minorities on TV" mm I think perhaps you need to examine your own views an opinions before judging others. You do a very good job (to those unitiated) of hiding your true colours but not a good enough one.

Mind you I only come on here for a laugh so who gives a ****??
    Sticking to only making statements that have provenance

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...n-tv-n7xcqftgz

As for you only being here for a laugh, don’t make ME laugh

I actually agree with the sentiment and that of other reports ie that lack of diversity behind the camera appears to be being clumsily overcompensated for in front of the camera. Thing is though, and remember unlike you I get out of my bubble once in a while, such actions are increasing division
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 04-08-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Sticking to only making statements that have provenance

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...n-tv-n7xcqftgz

As for you only being here for a laugh, don’t make ME laugh

I actually agree with the sentiment and that of other reports ie that lack of diversity behind the camera appears to be being clumsily overcompensated for in front of the camera. Thing is though, and remember unlike you I get out of my bubble once in a while, such actions are increasing division
    Isn’t that ‘overrepresentation’ referred to in the article kind of inevitable given that racism and homophobia are two of the most significant issues we face in society today.
    As a result they are both likely to be the topics of many dramas and soap operas alike.
    Maybe the same survey would reach a similarly startling conclusion by suggesting that chefs, police officers and doctors are over represented on TV because cookery programmes, crime and hospital dramas all happen to be popular.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)