+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wootton in NL Team of The Season

Wootton in NL Team of The Season

Tireless endeavour through thick and thin wins our frontman a place at the head of the Vanarama National League Team of The Season...

https://twitter.com/Vanarama/status/1404451117744934912/photo/1

Name:  E32cLUdXMAU05GU.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  89.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Tireless endeavour through thick and thin wins our frontman a place at the head of the Vanarama National League Team of The Season...

https://twitter.com/Vanarama/status/1404451117744934912/photo/1

Name:  E32cLUdXMAU05GU.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  89.0 KB
    And some want to get rid.

Adam (I really don't hate Notts County . . . Honest) Virgo did his team as well and guess what . . . not a black and white shirt in sight!

Is that Joe McDonnell that was on loan to us last year? Conceded two howlers at Hartlepool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Is that Joe McDonnell that was on loan to us last year? Conceded two howlers at Hartlepool?
    The very same.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That's because he misses lots of chances plus he's at a bad age with no sell on potential not what we are looking for.... Oh hang on minute he's 24 and still noticeably improving his game, top scorer last two season and an almost ever present.

We've got no direct replacement at the club currently but know we can get better thanks to the radar. I think?!?!

Madness.

Was Enzio our only player in the NL team of season last time out?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Adam (I really don't hate Notts County . . . Honest) Virgo did his team as well and guess what . . . not a black and white shirt in sight!
    To be fair, I struggle to make a case for any individual from Notts this season. Slocombe is probably the only one who’s been consistently good the whole way through, and there’s plenty of decent keepers to choose from down here.

Rodrigues obviously would’ve walked in and probably got player of the year had it not taken us three quarters of the season to work out what to do with him.

That Vanarama team is clearly a desperate case of trying to fit in someone from as many different teams as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yes, very scary/unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    To be fair, I struggle to make a case for any individual from Notts this season. Slocombe is probably the only one who’s been consistently good the whole way through, and there’s plenty of decent keepers to choose from down here.

Rodrigues obviously would’ve walked in and probably got player of the year had it not taken us three quarters of the season to work out what to do with him.

That Vanarama team is clearly a desperate case of trying to fit in someone from as many different teams as possible.
    This hits the nail on the head and it is causing me difficulty in deciding who is Notts’ player of the year as so many have had poor spells during the course of the season and others have been under or incorrectly used. It has nevertheless been great to see the strong finishes by the likes of Reeves, RR, Chicksen, Ellis and Miller. If the services of the last two can be secured for next season then the future bodes well, especially with the return of Roberts and, hopefully, development of the likes of Knight. A couple of new additions in key positions and the immediate disappointment of last Saturday will be consigned to history.

As for my Notts player of the year I am going with Kyle Wootton even though I probably remember as many of his misses as I can his goals. However he is the sort of striker I want playing for my team and not against us.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    This hits the nail on the head and it is causing me difficulty in deciding who is Notts’ player of the year as so many have had poor spells during the course of the season and others have been under or incorrectly used. It has nevertheless been great to see the strong finishes by the likes of Reeves, RR, Chicksen, Ellis and Miller. If the services of the last two can be secured for next season then the future bodes well, especially with the return of Roberts and, hopefully, development of the likes of Knight. A couple of new additions in key positions and the immediate disappointment of last Saturday will be consigned to history.

As for my Notts player of the year I am going with Kyle Wootton even though I probably remember as many of his misses as I can his goals. However he is the sort of striker I want playing for my team and not against us.
    Nobody has stood out this season really, apart from Miller and Rodders in the last two months. I'd give it to Wootton on the basis that he has been ever present, has scored some ***** goals and has a great attitude. I can see him as a future captain as he always speaks well and commands respect.

I don't understand those wanting DKE to get player of year. He still hasn't cemented a place in the side and has serious limitations. I'm not sure he could make the step up to League 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast